NGS is obviously the release of this week, but Lukáš has today announced the release of Picard 0.14 on the mailing list.
Picard 0.14 should be the last release that doesn’t support the NGS web service. It brings some improvements in handling of network errors, changes the default ID3 version, finally adds support for sorting, prioritizing matches based on release types and fixes a couple of bugs. It is also the first release that has a Mac package available at the release time, many thanks to bitmap for that.
You can download the packages as usually at http://musicbrainz.org/doc/Picard
- Fixed a problem with network operations hanging after a network error (#5794, #5884)
- ID3v2.3 with UTF-16 is now the default ID3 version
- Option to set preferred release types for improved album matching
- Added support for sorting the album/file lists (#75)
- Fixed OptimFROG tag reading (#5859)
- Fixed colors for a white-on-black color scheme (#5846)
- Added an option to replace non-ASCII punctuation (#5834)
- Support for writing release group and work IDs, currently unused (#5805)
- Fixed saving of the release event format tag (#5250)
- Added support for the language and script tags (#943)
- Plugins can now use track-track relationships (#5849)
- Allowed external drives to be visible in the file browser panel on OS X (#5308)
Picard 0.12.1 is an important hotfix release. Due to a bug Picard 0.12 deletes all ID3 comment tags (COMM frames) when saving files. In addition this release restores the native file dialog when adding folders on Windows.
Picard 0.12.1 is available for download for Windows and Linux.
Sorry for the trouble.
We have released the next version of MusicBrainz Picard. Picard 0.12 includes a lot of bug fixes and new features, including:
- Support for ratings and folksonomy tags.
- Live syntax checking for tagger script and naming strings.
- Embed cover art into WMA and APEv2 tags.
- New script functions $matchedtracks(), $initials(), $firstalphachar(), $truncate() and $firstwords()
- New plugin extension point ui_init, allowing plugins to add new UI elements to the main window.
- A new high quality application icon.
- Support for originaldate tag. While this is not filled by Picard itself it can be used from within plugins such as the Original Release Date plugin.
- Write ISRCs from MusicBrainz into tags.
- CD drive dropdown selection on Linux.
- Various small improvements to the UI.
- Updated translations and the option to choose the user interface language.
A complete list of changes be found in NEWS.txt.
Picard 0.12 is available for download for Windows and Linux. The Mac OS X version will be released later, sorry for that. We are still in search for a long term maintainer of Picard on OS X.
Thanks to everybody who contributed to this release.