We have many more URL display, cleanup, and auto-selection fixes thanks to yvanz, and one from GCI student anshuman73. A bug with browse requests for instruments and series in our web service has been fixed by Zastai. Thanks to jonathonwiebe, too, for correcting an outdated link in our INSTALL file.
The git tag for today’s release is
- [MBS-9195] – Convert data.bnf.fr URLs into catalogue.bnf.fr ones
- [MBS-9128] – Unwanted “list” argument is not removed from YouTube URLs
- [MBS-9173] – JSON browse requests for instruments and series fail
- [MBS-8998] – Display CPDL score links on the sidebar
- [MBS-9194] – Add a bunch of sites to the “other database” whitelist
- [MBS-7734] – Improve Facebook URL clean up
- [MBS-8365] – Add autoselect, clean-up, and validation for Pinterest URLs
- [MBS-8390] – Add autoselect, clean-up, and validation + sidebar display for Bandsintown URLs
- [MBS-9002] – Disable and tick the “ended” checkbox when the end date field is filled
- [MBS-9159] – Enable URL cleanup for Instagram URLs
- [MBS-9181] – Improve ReverbNation URL cleanup
Libdiscid 0.6.2 includes these changes:
- ISRC and MCN support on BSD (Zastai)
- LIB-60: fix make check for default device on generic/unknown platform
- make Doxygen output reproducible (no timestamps; Sebastinas)
- remove newline for Linux device “1” from proc (Zastai)
The download can be found at http://musicbrainz.org/doc/libdiscid.
Python-discid 1.1.1 includes these changes:
The download can be found at https://python-discid.readthedocs.org/.
Thanks to chirlu, yvanz, and GCI students anshuman73, tigranl, and dpmittal for their contributions to today’s release. The git tag is
v-2017-01-16 and the changelog is below.
- [MBS-9175] – Attach TOC: Certain mediums with matching track count not shown when searching by artist
- [MBS-9180] – Near-identical duplicates of common-xxx.js
- [MBS-9186] – Gulpfile fails to build scripts in website containers
- [MBS-9196] – Wikidocs redirects are broken
- [MBS-9198] – Drop-down arrow in the top search missing in Firefox
- [MBS-7307] – Add LinkedIn URLs to sidebar
- [MBS-8828] – Add Songkick URLs to the sidebar
- [MBS-8851] – Add link to the blog on the footer
- [MBS-8995] – Add ReverbNation links to the sidebar
- [MBS-9143] – Remove the FreeDB search option
- [MBS-1319] – Special capitalization of dotted/dotless i/ı in Turkish
- [MBS-8868] – Display label logo for Wikimedia Commons url-relationship
I’m very happy to announce that we have a brand new Supporter Catalyst on our team. Elizabeth Bigger, AKA Quesito, joined our team at the beginning of the year and is now coming up to speed.
Her duties include making contact with any supporters who sign up on the MetaBrainz site and to sort out any questions they may have working with such a quirky organization like MetaBrainz. She’ll also be reaching out to established customers to make sure that they are on the right support level and that things are working smoothly for our supporters.
I anticipate her also helping out with other tasks such as putting on our annual summit and other events we may hold in our office in Barcelona.
Welcome on board, Elizabeth!