The React conversion is back with this release. We’ve also fixed a regression that listed unrelated “recording of” relationship edits in history of artists, recordings, and releases, and made a lot of people quite frustrated during the last two weeks (sorry about that!). New edits won’t be wrongly listed anymore, and the existing wrongly-listed edits will be progressively unlisted during the following days. Finally, two new data reports have been created, and small display improvements have been made.
A new release of MusicBrainz Docker is also available that matches this update of MusicBrainz Server. See the release notes for update instructions.
Thanks to loujin for contributing code. Thanks to DjSlash, hibiscuskazeneko, insolite, jesus2099, and mavit for having reported bugs and suggested improvements. Thanks to Atsushi Nakamura, kellnerd and salorock for updating the translations. And thanks to all others who tested the beta version!
The git tag is
- [MBS-10825] – Normalization of some Muziekweb links make them invalid
- [MBS-10908] – Unrelated “recording of” relationship edits for works show up in history of artists, recordings, and releases
- [MBS-10770] – Report on relations with dates in the future
- [MBS-10895] – Report for mediums with conflicting discID
- [MBS-10736] – Add autoselect + sidebar for Napster URLs
- [MBS-10802] – Right-align columns of Reorder Relationship table
- [MBS-10894] – Show label code after selecting label in the release editor
- [MBS-10903] – Update Operabase cleanup and validation
- [MBS-10907] – Define background color for header and footer too
React Conversion Task
- [MBS-10777] – Convert Add/Remove Relationship edits to React
- [MBS-10801] – Convert Reorder Relationships edit to React
Today we come with a big BookBrainz website update that allows you to merge duplicate entities!
Being able to clean up the database is an essential step towards importing public bibliographic records and catalogs from partner websites. As with MusicBrainz, you can visit an entity page on BookBrainz and click on a button to add an entity to a merge queue. You can merge multiple entities in one go easily.
After clicking the merge button you will be presented with a page that lets you review and select the correct information in case of conflicting data. The revision history of merged entities is preserved, and in the near future you’ll be able undo merges.
Your feedback is very welcome! We also have a short tutorial on how to use the new merge tool for the curious.
This latest website update also adds annotations for any information that does not fit into the existing format, some small design improvements and bug fixes.
We’ve also added the ability to search for users on the search page. This last feature will come in handy soon as we introduce collaborative User Collections; stay tuned!
Today’s release focuses on stability with almost half of changes being bugfixes. It also provides a fair number of small improvements and new features. On a side note, the third party affiliated Magic Tagger is now known as AudioRanger.
A new release of MusicBrainz Docker is also available that matches this update of MusicBrainz Server and to fix a few issues in both standard setup and development setup. See the release notes for update instructions.
Thanks to Cyna, Freso, loujin for contributing code. Thanks to chaban, chiark, jesus2099, kellnerd, nikki, otringal, navap, wmorg, and yeeeargh for having reported bugs and suggested improvements. Thanks to kellnerd and salorock for updating the translations. And thanks to all others who tested the beta version!
The git tag is
- [MBS-6532] – Work edits not in release edit history
- [MBS-10186] – “Set track lengths” edit is stuck
- [MBS-10381] – Duplicate work entity lyrics languages during edit
- [MBS-10821] – Edit changing medium tracklist and format is stuck
- [MBS-10836] – My Collections edit link doesn’t show edit page
- [MBS-10856] – Relationship credit with whitespace causes error
- [MBS-10867] – uncaught exception: entity not in the entities array
- [MBS-10873] – Artist not always shown for annotation edits
- [MBS-10882] – ISE when filtering RGs
- [MBS-10885] – BadAmazonURLs: TypeError: Cannot read property ‘href_url’ of null
- [MBS-10887] – CSS misalignment of country/date text with other columns
- [MBS-10890] – Work language displayed multiple times in edit listings
- [MBS-10892] – Collaborators can’t add releases to private collection
- [MBS-1736] – Block setting format on too early releases
- [MBS-10862] – Report for releases with catalog numbers that look like label codes
- [MBS-4644] – Indicate which releases have CAA art in listings
- [MBS-9340] – Don’t allow more languages if [No lyrics] is selected
- [MBS-9931] – Fail gracefully when trying to remove a relationship which is in use as an example
- [MBS-10469] – Show releases more likely to have a processed cover art on front page
- [MBS-10893] – Add help text to select the appropriate artist from CD lookup
- [MBS-10897] – Block always more smart links
React Conversion Task
- [MBS-10393] – Convert Add Standalone Recording edit to React
- [MBS-6864] – Remove PUID edits
- [MBS-10771] – Block tagging for unverified users
- [MBS-10891] – Replace Magic Tagger link with AudioRanger
Now that PostgreSQL has been upgraded to version 12 (see earlier instructions), regular improvements, bugfixes, and React/JSX template refactoring are back on the menu. The most noticeable improvement is probably that we are now able to display more specific error messages in the URL relationship editor when a link is not allowed, instead of always giving a generic “not good”-style message. There are even new features, for admins only, that will allow them to spot and delete sock-puppets and to temporarily disable edit notes from editors who continue to be disrespectful to others without having to delete their accounts outright.
In news not directly connected to the MusicBrainz website, the public search endpoint has been moved from the old search server to the Solr-based search server. This can be used by slave servers if they do not need, or can not afford, to host their own search indexes.
And while talking about slave servers, a new release of MusicBrainz Docker is also available. It follows this update of MusicBrainz Server and fixes a regression that affects servers with live indexing. See the release notes for update instructions.
Thanks to Cyna for converting more edits’ display to React, to KamranMackey and navap for updating external links’ icons. Thanks to alastairp, BestSteve, chaban, chirlu, cyberskull, Freso, hibiscuskazeneko, jesus2099, and Kid Devine for having reported bugs and suggested improvements. Thanks to eduardomariohs, kellnerd, mfmeulenbelt, salorock, and stich94 for updating the translations. And thanks to all others who tested the beta version!
The git tag is
- [MBS-9010] – Alerts about new edit notes are separate for production and beta
- [MBS-10613] – Version info footer is shown on some pages in production
- [MBS-10732] – Internal Server Error: Adding a collaborator to a collection without selecting from autocomplete dropdown
- [MBS-10839] – “Add selected recordings for merging” missing in standalone-only overview
- [MBS-10849] – Add release group preview on RE shows “This entity has been removed”
- [MBS-10850] – Bad Amazon URLs report doesn’t ignore “streaming page” relationship
- [MBS-10855] – Historic track edit involving since-removed entity doesn’t show recording
- [MBS-10863] – “Edit barcode” edit doesn’t show barcode
- [MBS-10834] – New account flag for disabling ability to write edit notes
- [MBS-10845] – Tool to allow account admins to look up accounts by e-mail
- [MBS #1516] – Update Facebook, Google Play, and Spotify icons
- [MBS-7822] – Update OverClocked ReMix favicon
- [MBS-8412] – Align number of edits per page
- [MBS-9516] – Display specific error messages depending on URL validation rules
- [MBS-9963] – Update Genius link format and logo
- [MBS-10412] – Update URL cleanup for Niconico URLs, specifically channel links for artists
- [MBS-10727] – Deny kasi-time.com URLs for lyrics
- [MBS-10789] – Add validation for Genius links
- [MBS-10813] – Update the Bandcamp logo used in the sidebar
- [MBS-10831] – Allow niconico channel links for other entities than artist
- [MBS-10840] – Capitalise “in key” info correctly in English guess case
- [MBS-10841] – Add “Guess case” per-medium
- [MBS-10842] – Remove report user link from deleted editor profiles
- [MBS-10853] – Link to overview page for edits by subscribed editors in subscription email
React Conversion Task
- [MBS-10397] – Convert Edit Event edit to React
- [MBS-10399] – Convert Edit Recording edit to React
- [MBS-10793] – Convert historic Move Release edit to React
- [MBS-10799] – Convert historic Move Release to RG edit to React
- [MBS-10817] – Convert Edit Label edit to React
- [MBS-7781] – Merge duplicate artist credits
- [MBS-10785] – Remove link to FreeDB Gateway documentation
- [MBS-10822] – Change tableColumns tables to use named parameters
- [MBS-10860] – Merge the production and beta Redis stores
- [MBS-10878] – Convey search queries from slave servers to Solr