For MusicBrainz mirrors, MusicBrainz server development, and custom applications, there used to be a direct access to
search.musicbrainz.org which was actually inherited from the previous search infrastructure until 2018.
Keeping it available in the current infrastructure uses a compatibility layer which has been unintentionally broken last year. This issue has been reported only once. The alternative and much more sensible solution which is to install a local search server has improved in reliability and simplicity in the meantime. Polling the community shown that only one person would be interested which isn’t enough to justify the maintenance overhead for this replaceable service.
Therefore it has been decided to close this access for good.
Thanks to everyone who made this transitioning service to work and handle about 40k requests a day on average!
Picard 2.8.4 is a maintenance release for Picard 2.8. This release contains multiple bug fixes, please see the list of changes below.
The latest release is available for download on the Picard download page.
Thanks a lot to everyone who gave feedback and reported issues.
- PICARD-2520 – Null bytes in tag values can cause crashes when sorting
- PICARD-2539 – Picard crashes on huge releases if no cover art provider is active
- PICARD-2548 – Loaded album does not update cover art display
- PICARD-2549 – Moving tracks between albums shows tracks differ even when they do not
- PICARD-2554 – Submit AcoustIDs submits even IDs that are in center pane
- PICARD-2556 – Player popovers for volume and playback speed crash on Wayland and open on wrong position
- PICARD-2557 – Add New Tag autocomplete list contains value typed so far
- PICARD-2558 – Floatable toolbars unusable under Wayland
- PICARD-2564 – Options for “Windows compatibility” and “Replace non-ASCII” get incorrectly set to inactive
- PICARD-2565 – Rules for file name compatibility and max. path shortening are not applied when saving cover art
- PICARD-2568 –
$cleanmulti() has no effect for hidden variables
- PICARD-2570 – Unable to drag tracks from right hand pane to Clusters
- PICARD-2582 –
distutils.errors.DistutilsClassError when building with
- PICARD-2588 –
QObject::startTimer: Timers can only be used with threads started with QThread
- PICARD-2589 – Support media types “DualDisc (DVD side)” and “Betacam SP”
Get in touch
Please use the MetaBrainz community forums and the ticket system to give feedback, suggest new features or report bugs.
Yes! It’s been quite some time since you last heard from me, hasn’t it! But despite the lack of blog posts, I haven’t been faffing around the *entire* corona time! Instead we have been updating quite a lot of instruments with IROM images and also doing a few tickets here and there, as well as updating A LOT of aliases.
But thankfully now we’ve stepped up a gear again and can release a proper (albeit small) release! I present to you Endelig Belg!
Closed as not applicable / Reopen if more information can be discerned
Finally we also looked into some other instruments, including checking the aliases and disambiguations for harmonium/reed organ as well as adding and sorting out various other related instruments and their aliases and IROM images. These don’t all have tickets, but see the list of things that have been closed in the meantime for some of it.
Do not despair Fellow Instrument Afficionadoes! The broad strokes of another MiniVersion have already been done as well!
Watch this space!