Starting with this release, we read our genres list from the
genre table rather than a hardcoded list inside a JSON file. This should have no user-visible impact, but let us know if you encounter any new issues related to genres. (This change should however help us improve genres further.)
We also have a small list of bug fixes and improvements, listed below. One neat new feature is the ability to sort edit searches by date closed or closing.
Thanks to chaban, culinko, drsaunde, jesus2099, mglubb, lotheric, psychoadept, sothotalker, and all others who reported issues or helped test or translate today’s release!
The git tag is
- [MBS-7097] – Release listed multiple times in “Non-digital releases with download relationships” report
- [MBS-10466] – MusicBrainz Happy Birthday wishes doesn’t take into account timezones
- [MBS-10467] – Pages ported to React do not show the new edit notes banner
- [MBS-10473] – Static resources fail to build when NODE_ENV=production
- [MBS-10485] – User profile’s “Statistics Edits (view)” links to bogus URL
- [MBS-10488] – Regression: User profile subscribe links no longer work
- [MBS-9491] – Move genres to be read from the database
- [MBS-4299] – Warning when merging releases with diff. recording artists should show disambiguation
- [MBS-10204] – Better overview of user edits on user page
- [MBS-10471] – Add option to view edits by date closed
React Conversion Task
- [MBS-9922] – Convert the series public pages to React
This release contains a new “Voting suggestions” page with some useful, predefined edit searches that ought to help editors find and review edits that need more attention.
We also have some minor improvements and display fixes, detailed below. The conversion of our template code to React slowly continues.
Thanks to cyna, chaban, and all others who tested or contributed to this release!
The git tag is
- [MBS-10264] – The date/time display format isn’t localized in some places
- [MBS-10446] – Historic “Remove relationship” edits don’t display anything useful
- [MBS-10447] – Historic “remove relationship” edits don’t fail properly if data is missing
- [MBS-10460] – Remove alias edits don’t store “ended” info, always display “Ended: No”
- [MBS-10299] – “Voting Reports” (pre-set edit searches)
- [MBS-10389] – Add “Chat” or “IRC” link to footer
- [MBS-10394] – Convert Add/Remove Alias edit to React
- [MBS-10395] – Convert Edit Alias edit to React
- [MBS-10440] – Remove series/delete
- [MBS-10448] – Add the Dynamic Range Database to the other databases whitelist
- [MBS-3839] – Merge edit pages should have a way to remove some items
- [MBS-10361] – Allow tabbing straight from edit note field to submit button
- [MBS-10371] – Update the Songfacts logo used in the sidebar
- [MBS-10382] – Explain what rename option does when merging
- [MBS-10403] – Explain when a release should be removed / merging is preferred
- [MBS-10456] – Show more info when entering artist merges
React Conversion Task
The 2019 MetaBrainz Summit took place on 27th–29th of September 2019 in Barcelona, Spain at the MetaBrainz HQ. The Summit is a chance for MetaBrainz staff and the community to gather and plan ahead for the next year. This report is a recap of what was discussed and what lies ahead for the community.
Continue reading “State of the Brainz: 2019 MetaBrainz Summit highlights”
MusicBrainz Picard 2.2.3 is available for download. This is a bugfix release which mainly fixes a couple of crashes and some UI issues on macOS.
The complete list of changes:
- [PICARD-1633] – macOS: Automatic locale detection broken
- [PICARD-1634] – macOS: File browser sets wrong horizontal scroll position
- [PICARD-1635] – Terminated randomly when deleting files when saving
- [PICARD-1636] – Default locale detection fails if locale categories have different locales
- [PICARD-1637] – Crash when saving after removing some underlying files
- [PICARD-1640] – Picard with –config-file parameter copies over legacy configuration
- [PICARD-1642] – Picard crashes on launch (AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘setPopupMode’)
- [PICARD-1643] – Performer with instruments containing non-ASCII characters are not written to Vorbis and APE tags
- [PICARD-1644] – Crash when initializing translations on Python 3.8
- [PICARD-1647] – macOS: Plugin enable/disable button does not always update the icon
- [PICARD-1648] – Crashes when using search dialogs
- [PICARD-1651] – File and release counts in status bar not updated when files get removed
- [PICARD-1654] – macOS: Logout button / username stays visible after logout
- [PICARD-1655] – macOS: Login dialog can be hidden behind options
- [PICARD-1630] – Ensure FLAC metadata is visible/editable in Windows Explorer
- [PICARD-1632] – Tooltips for genre filter help hide too quickly