I’m pleased to announce that our annual report for 2013 is available now. If you would like to know some details of what makes MusicBrainz/MetaBrainz tick, about our finances, hosting, machines and community, click the link and read on!
Thanks to Navap for doing the legwork on this report!
A small release this week, as a lot of work has been happening on larger things in progress and on other projects. Still a few various bugs and some improvements aimed at improving the performance of the release and relationship editors. Thanks to chirlu, bitmap, and ianmcorvidae for their work on this release.
The git tag for this release is
Full ticket list.
- [MBS-7594] – Changing a track’s recording doesn’t properly clear the old recording from cache
- [MBS-7680] – Add relationship dialog prepopulated with too many attributes
- [MBS-7717] – Discogs URL cleanup doesn’t remove trailing dash
- [MBS-7720] – Release group ratings disappeared from release sidebar
- [MBS-7736] – "Merge release" edit not closing
- [MBS-7747] – Missing/duplicate results in inline direct search
- [MBS-7748] – Merging areas doesn’t update places
- [MBS-7135] – Remove "view" part from Discogs master URLs
- [MBS-7689] – mini-relationship-editor UI is unbearably slow when there are many items
- [MBS-7741] – Reordering tracks/mediums in the release editor can be slow
Picard team decided to release a new stable version of Picard before the end of the summer.
To help us, advanced users, translators and developers are encouraged to:
Exact release date is not yet known, and features aren’t yet frozen, but the only important change we’ll try to get in before final release is OAuth support (PICARD-305), we still accept minor patches until feature freeze is announced.
Since Picard is now using some translation resources from MusicBrainz project, translators should make sure following resources are up-to-date:
A simplified list of changes made since 1.2 can be read there.
Be aware that downgrading from 1.3 to 1.2 may lead to configuration compatibility issues, better save your configuration before using 1.3 branch if you intent to go back to 1.2.
Another fortnight, another release. A bit quiet this time for the summer and some vacations and holidays, but a few bugfixes, some refactoring, and the addition of browse by area in /ws/2. navap also found a security issue which allowed editing of collections by any user, which is not listed below. Thanks to nikki, bitmap, navap, and chirlu for their work on this release!
The git tag for this release is
- [MBS-7617] – Changing a URL’s link type on a series edit page doesn’t trigger any validation
- [MBS-7672] – Relationship type dropdown is not ordered correctly
- [MBS-7673] – Entity types are inconsistently ordered when adding a relationship
- [MBS-7684] – Spurious closing </span> tags
- [MBS-7691] – OZON.ru URLs are automatically edited to add partner=musicbrainz
- [MBS-7696] – “This attribute type is only used for grouping, please select a subtype” when editing works
- [MBS-7698] – Release editor asks for confirmation to leave even if there are no changes (but the release has URL relationships)
- [MBS-7700] – Work attribute types are not sorted alphabetically
- [MBS-7703] – Unused urls in l_series_url are not removed
- [MBS-7707] – Work attributes are not sorted in the sidebar
- [MBS-7713] – Percent signs not escaped in Wikipedia extract link to Wikipedia
- [MBS-7694] – link areas to other entities in the webservice
- [MBS-7702] – Reduce the duplication in link_* macros
- [MBS-7704] – Factor out entity treeness into a role
Due to two conflicting summits in (our own and the GSoC Summit) around our usual schema change release date, we’ve decided to move the autumn schema change to 17 November, 2014. This will ensure that our developers are properly rested before attempting a hard task such as a schema change.
We hope this won’t cause too much trouble for everyone downstream.