Our friends over at Kendraio want to integrate the MusicBrainz API into their app and are offering a bounty to a developer to help them do it. Kendraio App is a low-code bi-directional dashboard data browser. The aim is to enable Kendraio App users (including music artists) to search and browse, and also upload information to MusicBrainz. Here’s a ready-made example of how easy it is to create Kendraio Flows that connect to our API.
And within Kendraio App they’ve built Kendraio Player, a proof-of-concept for a multi-service music streaming player using web monetisation technology, funded by Grant for the Web.
The timeframe is about 2 weeks — start any time from now. The bounty is $500 USD (paid out via https://opencollective.com/kendraio – so you need to have an account there to be paid – but that’s easy). Please answer their bounty by replying to their GitHub issue.
See how their first bounty went at Kendraio Player Audiotarky integration. And see Radhy’s writeup of his experience at Afterthought on integrating Audiotarky API into Kendraio App.
This week we spent some time looking through code that had been sitting for a long time waiting for a review while we worked on all sorts of other things. Most of the changes are small – one that might be more noticeable is that on recording lists you can now see the release groups the recording appears on. This should make it easier to figure out what is going on when a list has many recordings with the same name.
A new release of MusicBrainz Docker is also available that matches this update of MusicBrainz Server. See the release notes for update instructions.
Thanks to yyoung for fixing a display bug with external links. Thanks to chaban, HibiscusKazeneko, Ian Tresman, Jeluang, otringal and salo.rock for having reported bugs and suggested improvements. Thanks to ffff23 and salo.rock for updating the translations. And thanks to all others who tested the beta version!
The git tag is
- [MBS-11371] – JSON-LD “member” returns “1991-1992” only for “1991-1992, 2000-present”
- [MBS-11440] – Subscribers page for private collection is not private
- [MBS-11638] – Work form allows adding duplicate work attributes
- [MBS-11639] – Changing work attribute type always keeps the old value
- [MBS-11640] – Errors never shown for work attribute fields with fixed values
- [MBS-11682] – Deadlock when entering edits
- [MBS-11688] – The external link section will disappear once any link starts with //
- [MBS-11700] – ISE when viewing “Remove disc ID” edit
- [MBS-11702] – Disc ID: Same release displayed twice when moving disc-id
- [MBS-4826] – Display source release next to recordings
- [MBS-10205] – Readd a link to the Data Removal Policy under the “About us” drop-down menu
- [MBS-11293] – Report: streaming relationships in non-digital releases
- [MBS-11337] – Always link to URL entity page and link on URL reports
- [MBS-11609] – Show genre disambiguation on autocomplete dropdown
- [MBS-11627] – Don’t show “delete” link for deleted editors
- [MBS-11696] – Disallow Twitter documentation links
- [MBS-9098] – Add JSON-LD “memberOf” relationship to artists who are members of groups
- [MBS-10107] – Add overview pages for relationship attributes
- [MBS-11290] – Report of works with a type which are part of a work with the same type
- [MBS-11305] – Report for erroneous looking trailing join phrases
React Conversion Task
- [MBS-10997] – Convert /search/error files to React
- [MBS-11326] – Convert edit/notes.tt to React
- [MBS-11330] – Split root/types.js into smaller files
- [MBS-11553] – Move from passing $c to using React.useContext in layout pages
Picard 2.6.3 is the third maintenance release for the recently release Picard 2.6. It contains a couple of bug fixes, most notably it fixes a bug where changes to some options did not get applied until a restart of Picard. Users of Picard 2.6 are highly recommended to update.
The latest release is available for download on the Picard download page.
Thanks a lot to everyone who have feedback and reported issues.
- [PICARD-2205] – Syntax highlighting ignores functions starting with underscore or numbers
- [PICARD-2206] – Fix tab order in option pages
- [PICARD-2209] – Minimizing / maximizing Picard window registers desktop status indicator multiple times
- [PICARD-2214] – Backslash at end of script raises TypeError
- [PICARD-2219] – Empty file naming script causes files to be renamed to _ext
- [PICARD-2226] – Some config changes are not applied until restart