This release is quite small because it overlapped with the holidays, but contains a fix for an annoying guess-case issue in the release editor that several people reported. Thanks to chirlu for the rest of the bug fixes listed here!
The git tag is
- [MBS-4668] – Edit search loses selections when the page number is too high
- [MBS-8064] – Can’t add documentation to migration-created relationship types
- [MBS-8086] – Guess case for release title does not trigger an edit
- [MBS-8091] – Can’t fix non-normalized artist credits
This is a maintenance release, mostly bug fixes. All users are encouraged to upgrade.
Binary packages are available at http://picard.musicbrainz.org/downloads/
- [PICARD-273] – Picard should use the correct Accept header when talking to web services.
- [PICARD-589] – Picard refuses to load files if any path component happens to be hidden
- [PICARD-642] – ConfigUpgradeError: Error during config upgrade from version 0.0.0dev0 to 1.0.0final0
- [PICARD-649] – Windows installer sets working directory to %PROGRAMFILES%\MusicBrainz Picard\locale
- [PICARD-655] – Last.fm plus tooltip help elements are all messed up
- [PICARD-661] – Regression: Tagger script for cover art filename does not work anymore
- [PICARD-662] – Retrieving collections causes AttributeError: release_list
- [PICARD-663] – Artist name makes it impossible to save
- [PICARD-658] – Support the new pregap and data tracks
- [PICARD-659] – Set the originalyear tag when loading a release
- [PICARD-665] – Web service calls to ports 80 and 443 do not need explicit port specification. 443 should be automatically made https.
Thanks to chirlu, nikki, reosarevok, and the MetaBrainz team for their hard work on today’s release.
The git tag is v-2014-12-15.
- [MBS-7916] – “Set track durations” preview is broken for single-track mediums
- [MBS-8008] – “Add Event” (entity) and “Add Event” (release event) share the same translation string
- [MBS-8044] – Map doesn’t zoom when pasting coordinates
- [MBS-8066] – “Date” field wraps inconsistently in different browsers
- [MBS-8082] – Gender missing on artist lookup (JSON)
- [MBS-7478] – Make more use of HTML5 form field types
- [MBS-7970] – Replace guess case bubbles with icons next to the fields
- [MBS-7973] – Make remove alias/ISRC/ISWC edits auto-edits for auto-editors
- [MBS-7975] – Make move disc ID edits auto-edits
- [MBS-8045] – Update link_event to include dates
This Friday we’re going to need to take a 15-20 minute downtime to fix a few leftover issues from our recent schema change. We tried to do this without downtime, but the service got progressively slower, so we’re electing to take some downtime.
We’ll be down shortly after Noon PST, 3PM EST, 20:00 UK, 21:00 CET for about 15-20 minutes.
Sorry for the hassles this causes.
After skipping a fortnight because of concentrating on the schema change release, here’s the next edition of the style update, with all the changes from the last month. Most of the changes involve adding new medium formats and new place/area relationships, plus making changes and additions related to the new schema change features (events and data tracks).
The biggest change this month is the addition of a classical music titles guideline. This deprecates the old Opera Tracks guideline, and basically just provides a certain amount of standardisation while keeping mostly true to the on-cover titles.
- [STYLE-221] – Add Data CD format(s)
- [STYLE-354] – Add a new medium format "dts Audio CD" for CD’s that are encodes as DTS streams
- [STYLE-367] – Add an attribute for performing time to event artists
- [STYLE-349] – Update special purpose track title for data tracks
- [STYLE-350] – "Engineered at" Place relationship
- [STYLE-351] – Release group official website wording causes it to be misused
- [STYLE-352] – Add relationship types for setlist.fm
- [STYLE-357] – Add event type "clinic"
- [STYLE-359] – Merge "Videotape" into "Other"
- [STYLE-360] – Add Playbutton as a medium format
- [STYLE-361] – Add music card as a medium format
- [STYLE-363] – Add VinylDisc as a medium format
- [STYLE-364] – Add DVDplus as a medium format
- [STYLE-365] – Add 3.5" floppy disk as a medium format
- [STYLE-366] – Add Edison Diamond Disc as a medium format
- [STYLE-368] – "Edited at" Place relationship type
- [STYLE-369] – Disable dates for event relationships
- [STYLE-370] – Place(/Area)-Recording rel: produced at
- [STYLE-379] – "remixed at" place-recording/release relationship type
A day late, but hopefully no dollars short, we’re back with another release. This release is mostly bug fixes, as you’d expect right after a schema change release. nikki has done some work with our CSS, however, and chirlu did some work updating and clarifying our INSTALL.md. Thanks to them, mineo, and the MetaBrainz team for their work this release!
The git tag for this release is
The usual list of bugs fixed:
- [MBS-4232] – Edit artist shows artists credits section when it doesn’t apply
- [MBS-4622] – Improve handling of cover art when JS is off
- [MBS-6971] – No controls for uploading cover artwork in IE8
- [MBS-7497] – cpanm install fails with Can’t locate File/Copy/Recursive.pm in @INC
- [MBS-7952] – Release editor does not handle removed mediums correctly when reordering mediums
- [MBS-7988] – Adding a pregap track to an existing tracklist and it shows as a data track
- [MBS-7992] – Data track option doesn’t behave properly with disc IDs
- [MBS-7993] – Edit medium edits for pre-gap tracks claim to change data tracks
- [MBS-7995] – DBDefs.pm.sample is still at schema version 20
- [MBS-8011] – Last.fm event URLs don’t get matched
- [MBS-8013] – Cannot add data track to release
- [MBS-8018] – “TypeError: MB.typeInfoByID[i] is undefined” when creating an event series
- [MBS-8022] – Sorting event collections doesn’t work
- [MBS-8024] – FixTrackLength script is setting incorrect lengths on pregap tracks
- [MBS-8029] – Collections overview uses “Releases” even for events
- [MBS-8033] – Encoding issue in some “explanation balloons”
- [MBS-8034] – Duplicate relationships with attributes cause internal server error in release relationship editor
- [MBS-6332] – Allow sorting releases in collections by release date
- [MBS-6333] – Allow sorting releases in collections by release country
- [MBS-7824] – Add Barcode column to Collections releases view
- [MBS-7997] – Show area in event lists
- [MBS-8001] – Use larger Gravatar images on higher pixel density displays
- [MBS-8009] – URL Cleanup should clean FB event links better
- [MBS-8036] – Add URL matching for setlist.fm
- [MBS-6682] – Add eu.ftp.musicbrainz.org to INSTALL.md