We’ve just finished pushing a new release to the production server for ListenBrainz. We’ve spent quite a long time working on this because we needed to completely revamp how we were generating user statistics and that process is now finally complete and live. The other good news on user statistics it that we now have a generalized framework for creating them and that should make it much easier to create more user statistics going forward. We’ve triggered the stats engine to produce updated top artist statistics for everyone and those should update for users automatically sometime later today.
This release also includes an improved importer from last.fm, moving it to react and making it more friendly on a mobile device. This particular feature hasn’t been super well tested, so if you find a problem, please submit a bug report.
Next, if your listening history is screwed up for some reason, you can now delete all listens and start over, perhaps with a clean import from last.fm.
Finally, this release includes a pile of security updates to make the overall system more secure, but users shouldn’t notice anything different.
Thank you to iliekcomputers, Mr_Monkey,
Mostly bugfixes today, along with a new data report, plus usual small improvements, React conversion and refactoring. We also blocked ratings for unverified users, since a specific artist was getting hundreds of ratings by people creating many accounts per person just for that (people, please be nice!).
Thanks to andrybo6, chaban, cyna, dimpole, dseomn, gioele, hibiscuskazeneko, jesus2099, kellnerd, mfmeulenbelt, nikki, outsidecontext, panos, sophist, sothotalker, yindesu, and all others who submitted patches, reported issues, tested beta version, or contributed to translations!
The git tag is
- [MBS-7835] – [No lyrics] works showing up as “No linguistic content” in old edit summaries
- [MBS-9359] – Web service shows “mul” languages, but all single languages are duplicates
- [MBS-9651] – Top voters overall includes more edits than editor profile’s yes+no+approve
- [MBS-10628] – [no label] should not be editable
- [MBS-10633] – Can’t change capitalization on username
- [MBS-10661] – Recording-work rel not showing pending edits on release page
- [MBS-10683] – Map doesn’t focus on new marker when creating a new Place
- [MBS-10684] – Message over Place’s map is misleading
- [MBS-10685] – Place maps: Zooming by clicking doesn’t follow the cursor
- [MBS-10693] – Artist merge submission page doesn’t show any error message if you attempt to merge a special purpose artist
- [MBS-4090] – Report for recordings with a single track but with different spellings
- [MBS-10607] – Give context to translations of “unknown” / “(unknown)”
- [MBS-10676] – Add MD5/SHA256 checksum files for JSON data dumps
- [MBS-10695] – Show full language names on work lists
React Conversion Task
- [MBS-10618] – Convert Edit work edit to React
- [MBS-10671] – Block ratings for unverified users
- [MBS-10689] – Update MapBox API calls
- [MBS-10692] – Change React imports to “import * as React”
It’s now possible to find genres through the web service with a new
/ws/2/genre lookup endpoint. Additionally, this update fixes some bugs and refactors a lot of stuff behind the curtains, including the continued conversion to React of edit display pages.
Thanks to chaban, cyna, jesus2099, kellnerd, and speardog who contributed through issue reporting, code changes, translation updates, and beta testing.
The git tag is
- [MBS-10515] – Weird display of recording info on release merge pages
- [MBS-10593] – “Edit release label” edit fails to load if country name is undef
- [MBS-10594] – “Add annotation” edits are stuck
- [MBS-10649] – Release label edit shows [removed] if label is deselected
- [MBS-10659] – “Edit relationship” edit not showing credits if they don’t change
- [MBS-10166] – Add genre lookup to the web service
- [MBS-9654] – Show expanded artist credits in “Merge recordings” edits
- [MBS-10643] – Autoselect relationship type for CPDL artist URLs
React Conversion Task
- [MBS-10058] – Convert entity merge edits to React
- [MBS-10617] – Convert “Add work” edit to React