This is a small release in number of tickets, but it finally adds the functionality to add relationships to genres. As such, you can now find out what għana or harsh noise wall actually are by simply reading their Wikipedia extracts. We can also store aliases for genres now, so while we still don’t do anything with that information directly, we do indicate that “hiphop” and “hip-hop” are alternative ways to write “hip hop“. Eventually, the plan is to combine these with the main genre in smart ways.
NB: As a side effect of adding new edit types for genres and genre aliases, the daily subscription emails failed for a few days. After this release the emails are working again, and you should have received the edits for all the missing days in your first email after the update.
A new release of MusicBrainz Docker is also available that matches this update of MusicBrainz Server. See the release notes for update instructions.
Thanks to chaban and selflessself for having reported bugs and suggested improvements. Thanks to Mellthas, mfmeulenbelt, rinsuki and salo.rock for updating the translations. And thanks to all others who tested the beta version!
The git tag is v-2022-07-03.
- [MBS-12458] – Annotation page for one entity can load annotation for another one
- [MBS-12464] – Premiered at event relationship not displayed in related works section on recording page
- [MBS-12470] – Unknown language statistics broken
- [MBS-12472] – Edit history links not showing on genre sidebar for non-admins
- [MBS-12475] – Add autoselect for Wikidata and RYM genre URLs