On Christmas eve we updated our search servers with a couple of bug fixes, but then got side-tracked with Christmas itself to write this blog post. I’m finally now fixing this. 🙂
We updated our search server so that is it rate limiter enabled, which will allow us to free up another machine in the New Year. We also have two fixes in search to give better results when a name is made up of numbers, or a title contains punctuation characters.
Release Notes – MusicBrainz Search Server – Version 2011-12-24
- [SEARCH-161] – Search server should consult ratelimit-server
Many thanks to Paul for working on this!