In our last version before the May 15 schema change release, we are mostly releasing a fair amount of React conversion work for smaller pages. We’ve also tried to make some error messages more clear and helpful and made a few improvements to ETI guess case, alongside other small bits and pieces.
The most significant change for editors is the standardization of all auto-deletion waiting periods to 48 hours. Until now, most entities would be removed when empty for 24 hours, while unused artist credits would take a full week to go away. This meant removing the last artist credit usage for an otherwise empty artist would lead to an eight days wait for that artist to be automatically deleted; now it will be four. As a reminder, 48 hours is also the minimum time needed for a merge edit to pass. As such, it’s not always faster anymore to let an entity be removed automatically rather than merging – hopefully this will encourage more autoeditors to merge rather than delete!
A new release of MusicBrainz Docker is also available that matches this update of MusicBrainz Server. See the release notes for update instructions.
Thanks to CatQuest, chaban, jesus2099, Lotheric, and rdswift for having reported bugs and suggested improvements. Thanks to okaits#7534 and salo.rock for updating the translations. And thanks to all others who tested the beta version!
The git tag is v-2023-05-02.
- [MBS-12989] – “Refine this search” links for subscribed editors missing “already voted” filter
- [MBS-12998] – Leading stray “|” and unhidden “Search for edits” in edit list quick links
- [MBS-13041] – Utaten favicon missing
- [MBS-10861] – Standardize time before auto-deletion to 48 hours
- [MBS-12308] – Improve error message when track artists have not been matched
- [MBS-12309] – Clarify subscribed entity list also includes collection subscriptions
- [MBS-12712] – Improve wording for new release adding on disc ID lookup
- [MBS-12738] – Don’t assume “studio” is ETI unless it’s inside parens
- [MBS-12739] – Don’t assume “single” is ETI unless it’s inside parens
- [MBS-12779] – Guess case ‘8-bit’ et al
- [MBS-12782] – Block adding CritiqueBrainz links
- [MBS-12785] – Wrap too long RG name in RG reviews on release sidebar
- [MBS-12851] – Hide tags and ratings statistics on deleted user profile
React Conversion Task
- [MBS-12652] – Convert entity collection tab to React
- [MBS-12658] – Convert user ratings summary to React
- [MBS-12659] – Convert user entity type ratings page to React
- [MBS-12740] – Convert Delete attribute admin page to React
- [MBS-12743] – Convert Delete area page to React
- [MBS-12749] – Convert cdtoc/attach_filter_artist to React
- [MBS-12768] – Convert Delete relationship attribute type page to React
- [MBS-12769] – Convert Delete relationship type page to React
- [MBS-12771] – Convert Change release quality page to React
- [MBS-12774] – Convert the Delete release page to React