A new version 0.6.3 of libdiscid has been released. libdiscid is a C library that allows applications to easily calculate MusicBrainz and freedb disc IDs from audio CDs. It also can extract MCN and ISRC information.
The main focus for this release has been to provide updated source and binary packages compatible with current systems. But there is also new platform support for the Haiku operating system.
Version 0.6.3 of libdiscid provides the following changes:
- LIB-66: fix for Debian kFreeBSD
- Haiku platform support (TOC only)
- Fixed building with CMake on macOS
- LIB-68: provide macOS universal2 binaries with support for both x86_64 and arm64
- LIB-67: Source tarball with updated autotools configuration
- CMake: Use GNUInstallDirs to determine install location
- CMake 2.8.12 is now the minimum required version
Being a C library libdiscid is highly portable and can easily be used with various programming languages. Ready-to-use bindings for many languages are available. Since the last release 6 years ago additional bindings for D, Rust, Go and Hare have become available. There is also an alternative .NET implementation of libdiscid written in C#.
More details on libdiscid, information on available language bindings, and downloads of the source code and pre-compiled binaries for macOS and Windows can be found on the libdiscid page. See also the API documentation for details on how to use the library.