This summery release brings one main new feature: collaborative collections! As an editor, you can now share your collections with others. This is mainly intended for community projects, but it can also be a good way to, say, have a shared “Music we have at home” collection with your family, or collect artists with funny names with your friends. You decide how to use it!
To add collaborators to your collections, edit the collection and enter the editors you’d want as collaborators in the appropriate section (suggestion: ask first whether they’re interested, then add them!). Once they’ve been added as collaborators, they’ll be able to add and remove entities from the collection in the same way as you, but they won’t be able to change the title / description: that’s still only for the collection owner to change.
The release also comes with a bunch of small improvements and bug fixes, including a couple about collections, and continues migrating to React.
Thanks to Ge0rg3 and sothotalker for their contributed code. Also, thanks to chaban, chiark, cyberskull, Dmitry, hibiscuskazeneko, jesus2099, Lotheric, mfmeulenbelt, psychoadept and everyone who tested the beta version, reported issues, or updated the website translations.
The git tag is
- [MBS-8867] – Guess Case normalizes “C’mon” as “C’Mon”
- [MBS-9512] – Changing recording name to empty string should not be allowed
- [MBS-10100] – ISE without “non-required” attributes for admin/attributes/Language/create
- [MBS-10133] – Error message when sending an empty query to the WS is unclear
- [MBS-10212] – SoundCloud URL with trailing slash is not displayed with user name in artist sidebar
- [MBS-10218] – Regression: Cover Art tab not selected / highlit on release page
- [MBS-10233] – Regression: ISE when trying to cancel a “add release annotation” edit
- [MBS-8569] – Don’t display ended legal names in the overview page for artists
- [MBS-9381] – Show user’s own private collections in the list of collections for an entity
- [MBS-10135] – Support WikiaParoles as its own site rather than LyricWiki
- [MBS-10139] – Clarify why recording lengths can’t be edited when non standalone
- [MBS-10210] – Only allow allowed frequencies in language admin form
- [MBS-10215] – Make ISO number required for script admin form
- [MBS-10217] – Explain what renaming artist credits does when editing artist
- [MBS-10219] – Add Muziekweb to other DBs whitelist, with sidebar display
- [MBS-10222] – Pull legal name alias instead of legal name artist for the relationship Artist-Artist “perform as/legal name”
- [MBS-10224] – Don’t show the same legal name string multiple times in artist overview
- [MBS-10246] – Don’t assume all event collections are attendance lists
- [MBS-10272] – Convert the header / navbar to Bootstrap
- [MBS-8915] – Allow editors to choose delimiter in track parser
- [MBS-9428] – Allow multiple users to share one collection
React Conversion Task
- [MBS-10131] – Update LyricWiki domain to lyrics.fandom.com