Another release out today, this time with a couple new features for editors to take note of:
- It’s now possible to add releases without any mediums attached. This is useful for cases where the release is known to exist but the tracklist is unknown. Currently this feature is a bit hidden: you have to remove the default blank medium to expose a checkbox that lets you confirm your intention to submit things that way. Based on community feedback, we can possibly make this more visible in the future. Note that it’s not (yet) possible to add mediums without tracks, only releases without mediums.
- There’s now a minimum voting period length for destructive edits like merges and removals. Even if such edits get three yes votes, they’ll remain open for a minimum of 48 hours.
Thanks to chirlu (especially for the latter feature) and the MetaBrainz team for their work on today’s release. The git tag is
v-2015-04-06 and the complete changelog is below.
- [MBS-8137] – Release editor does not prevent duplicate label/catno pairs
- [MBS-8162] – “Add work” from artist sidebar includes useless artist parameter
- [MBS-8163] – Merging labels can produce duplicate label/catno pairs
- [MBS-8300] – Medium title “0” not displayed
- [MBS-8313] – Can’t remove last attribute from a relationship via the /relationship-editor endpoint
- [MBS-8234] – Enforce a minimum voting period for destructive edits
- [MBS-8327] – Show an icon for CDBaby links
- [MBS-3235] – Allow adding release stubs (without tracklist)