We’ve just finished pushing out the scheduled schema change update today. A slightly rocky experience, but we’ve managed to get everything ironed out now and our servers are back to their normal selves. Before, I get into release notes, a few notes for people who’d like to upgrade their non-replicated servers. For replicated servers, please see this post.
- First, update your repository to the
- Next, disable any MusicBrainz cron jobs you might have scheduled to run
./upgrade.shprovided in the root directory of your musicbrainz-server checkout.
- Update your DBDefs
DB_SCHEMA_SEQUENCEconfiguration option to
- Turn any cron jobs back on
And onto the release notes!
- [MBS-2121] – Deleting track/row in advanced tracklist editor while artist credits "dialog" is open leaves it stuck
- [MBS-2390] – It’s not really possible to assign a track to a recording because cannot see length of track in either tracklist or proposal list
- [MBS-2620] – Most ‘edit’ edits do not check for conflicts
- [MBS-3393] – App keeps DB connections open and doesn’t reconnect upon DB restart.
- [MBS-3972] – ISWC column on works page should be nowrap
- [MBS-4046] – Releases with pending edits are not marked as such in label page
- [MBS-4099] – The server should give a good error message when it can’t connect to the DB
- [MBS-4103] – Problems building database extensions with Ubuntu 11.10
- [MBS-4129] – "Edit artist" doesn’t change artist credit for credits that were unchecked by default but checked manually
- [MBS-4132] – Rate limited pages send HTML as text/plain
- [MBS-4136] – beta.mb: recording edits generated by release editor when updating recording information from track changes are not auto-edits
- [MBS-4138] – Language-Script page in statistics broke
- [MBS-4146] – Track times deleted if using tab key
- [MBS-4149] – The added referrer stuff breaks Amazon UK links
- [MBS-4157] – beta.mb: Edit recording edits seem to create a ‘edit release’ edit too
- [MBS-4169] – CDToc page shows blank/empty catalog numbers separated by commas
- [MBS-1482] – Report: no language, no script
- [MBS-2439] – Releases with multiple catalog numbers are shown multiple times on the Label page.
- [MBS-2513] – Allow updating recording information when track information changes via the release editor
- [MBS-3288] – Release group type isn’t shown when looking up a release group
- [MBS-4105] – Warn when merging releases with track artists that don’t match
- [MBS-3672] – Remove the deprecated Live Sound Engineer relationship
- [MBS-2676] – Filter by relationship type