We just finished the latest schema change release! If you are running a full musicbrainz-server mirror, then follow these instructions for upgrading your installation:
- Take down the web server running MusicBrainz, if you’re running a web server.
- Turn off cron jobs if you are automatically updating the database via cron jobs.
- Make sure your REPLICATION_TYPE setting is RT_SLAVE
- Switch to the new code with git fetch origin followed by git checkout v-2012-01-12-schema-change-2
- Install any necessary perl modules by running perl ./Makefile.PL and sudo make installdeps
- Run ./upgrade.sh from the top of the source directory.
- Set DB_SCHEMA_SEQUENCE to 14 in lib/DBDefs.pm
- Turn cron jobs back on, if needed.
- Restart the MusicBrainz web server, if needed.
If you are running a mbslave mirror, check out the latest code and read the upgrade instructions in the README file.