The summer heat is still with us, and also hot out of the oven is a new MusicBrainz server update! This time we have a fair amount of fixes for the “Set cover art” page (which allows you to select a specific cover art from releases to represent a release group). Some other improvements have been made, some small bugs fixed, and the conversion to React marches on firmly.
A recent change had standardized all edit listings to 100 edits per page (it used to be 25 in some places and 100 in others before that). We’re lowering that to 50 with this update to try and make the edit lists a bit less overwhelming but still not too short that related edits get split over too many pages. Do let us know whether it feels better!
Finally, we disabled URLs marked as ended (since they are often squatted and full of ads) and URLs from domains reported as (hopefully temporarily) compromised. You can still copy the URL itself if you want to check it through the Wayback Machine to try and find out what is/was there!
A new release of MusicBrainz Docker is also available that matches this update of MusicBrainz Server. See the release notes for update instructions.
Thanks to jesus2099 for contributing code. Thanks to bsammon, hibiscuskazeneko, lotheric, mrclon, murdos, nikki, sothotalker, tigerman325, tularion, and yindesu for having reported bugs and suggested improvements. Thanks to Besnik and salorock for updating the translations. And thanks to all others who tested the beta version!
The git tag is
- [MBS-5611] – Not all releases are shown when selecting release group cover art
- [MBS-5612] – Set cover art for release group page displays releases in a random order
- [MBS-7793] – Set release group cover art page fails to display as a grid
- [MBS-8016] – Dates and countries are missing from the set cover art page
- [MBS-9420] – “Found in X user collections” displays incorrectly from “Split into separate artists” screen
- [MBS-10721] – Editing AC for track without a title entered shows [removed]
- [MBS-10901] – undef error – TypeError: Cannot read property ‘linkTypeID’ of undefined
- [MBS-5588] – Make release box clickable without button to select release-group front cover
- [MBS-8356] – Show barcode on set RG cover art page
- [MBS-10376] – Indicate current image on RG Set cover art page
- [MBS-10377] – Label fields clearly on Set cover art page
- [MBS-10948] – Allow Baidu Baike links for Labels
- [MBS-10992] – Skip creating hyperlink for “ended” URL relationship
- [MBS-10998] – Update the WhoSampled logo used in the sidebar
- [MBS-11004] – Allow “La Boîte aux paroles” links for labels
- [MBS-11012] – Update the Kickstarter logo used in the sidebar
- [MBS-11025] – Update the SoundCloud logo used in the sidebar
- [MBS-11049] – Disable external links to websites reported as compromised
React Conversion Task
- [MBS-10965] – Convert Add Disc ID edit to React
- [MBS-10984] – Convert Move Disc ID edit to React
- [MBS-10985] – Convert Remove Disc ID edit to React
- [MBS-10994] – Convert user/message.tt to React
- [MBS-11020] – Convert historic Add Release Annotation edit to React
- [MBS-11021] – Convert historic Add Track edits to React
- [MBS-11022] – Convert historic Add Release edit to React
- [MBS-11028] – Convert historic Edit Release Language edit to React
- [MBS-11029] – Convert historic Edit Release Name edit to React
- [MBS-11030] – Convert historic Edit Release Attributes edit to React
- [MBS-11031] – Convert historic Edit Track edit to React