This release was pushed back a week due to scheduling around the GSoC summit and upcoming schema change release, but here it finally is. Editors can take note that more edit types are now auto-edits: adding recording-work relationships, adding/editing aliases, setting track durations, and editing cover artwork. We’ve also added a “Make all edits votable” checkbox to allow edits that are normally always applied automatically (like capitalization changes) to be left open for voting if there’s any dispute or uncertainty. Auto-editors should be aware that this checkbox replaces the one that previously toggled their auto-editor privileges (so it should be left unchecked wherever it was previously left checked).
As part of this release, we’ve deployed some changes that should hopefully prevent slow /ws/2 searches from tying up too many perl processes on our frontends. This may reduce the number of 502s we’ve been seeing lately, but it’s a bit early to pronounce any results. Thanks go to kepstin for suggesting the nginx trickery used here.
More thanks go to chirlu, nikki, and ianmcorvidae for their hard work on today’s release.
The git tag is v-2014-11-03 and the full changelog is below.
- [MBS-1444] – Make ‘i’ <-> ‘ı’ an auto-edit.
- [MBS-5961] – BC dates in search results are parsed incorrectly
- [MBS-6545] – Medium added without tracknumbers magically gains them
- [MBS-7399] – Can’t link to TheSession.org’s artist pages
- [MBS-7927] – Text strings on fingerprints tab are not correctly escaped
- [MBS-7935] – Can’t add URL examples to relationship documentation
- [MBS-7938] – Track parser resets track artists to the release artist when “lines contain track artists” is unchecked
- [MBS-7960] – The link to the mailing lists doc page in the menu doesn’t work
- [MBS-7961] – Wikidocs redirects are broken
- [MBS-7962] – Links on /doc/ pages are no longer converted
- [MBS-1479] – Make it possible to leave a capitalization-diacritics edit open
- [MBS-6011] – Strip out LRM/RLM characters in text with no RTL characters
- [MBS-7880] – Release editor should have options to copy only titles or only artists to recordings, instead of always both
- [MBS-7902] – Use nginx X-Accel-Redirect to handle Webservice search requests rather than doing it in perl
- [MBS-7934] – Add IMSLP autoselect for artists
- [MBS-7944] – Make recording-work add relationship edits auto-edits
- [MBS-7945] – Make add/edit alias edits auto-edits
- [MBS-7946] – Make set track duration edits auto-edits
- [MBS-7947] – Make edit cover art edits auto-edits
- [MBS-7953] – Extend normalise_strings to cover more punctuation