As planned, another musicbrainz-server release today. Nothing too exciting this time, but we’ve got the usual lot of bug fixes and improvements in.
For all editors, setting a release group’s cover art is now an auto-edit (i.e. applied instantly). Another noticeable change on entity pages is the inclusion of Wikimedia Commons images in the sidebar on all tabs, if a relationship for one exists (previously they were only visible on the main tabs).
Thanks to chirlu, navap, nikki and ianmcorvidae for their work on today’s release (entire list of changes below). The git tag is
Note: The next release coincides with the MusicBrainz Summit (along with the core team members traveling in Europe), so the timeliness of it isn’t a sure thing, but we’ll do our best to stay on schedule.
- [MBS-5989] – Name variation marker used in edit’s tracks although track name == recording name
- [MBS-6088] – Pending relationship edits are not highlighted on inline release display
- [MBS-6573] – Release group cover art is automatically set to the newest cover art edit; reverting it is not an auto-edit.
- [MBS-6768] – “Edit artist alias” should show whether the alias is Locale Primary
- [MBS-7435] – RTL track titles incorrectly displayed on recording pages
- [MBS-7461] – Remember-me token has less than the advertised entropy
- [MBS-7598] – “ended” checkbox shows up even for relationships which can’t have dates
- [MBS-7721] – Wrong track order on add release
- [MBS-7762] – Artist commons image only shows on artist overview
- [MBS-7836] – Add ISRCs edits don’t display all useful and available data
- [MBS-7842] – Entity types not always translated on edit listings
- [MBS-7848] – Error selecting relationship type that requires an instrument
- [MBS-7852] – Relationships should only be loaded where necessary
- [MBS-7860] – Internal server error when you pass /ws/js/release a non-existent MBID
- [MBS-7861] – Exception using guess case on a medium with empty tracks
- [MBS-7867] – Changing the target of a relationship removes instrument attribute
- [MBS-7870] – Exception switching link type of relationship that has attributes to one that does not
- [MBS-1951] – Specify whether viewing “all” edits by a user or just “open” edits.
- [MBS-5995] – Always show original entity name in name variation entity tooltip
- [MBS-6866] – Enable privileged users to set the new status banner message text
- [MBS-6868] – Edit artist alias: primary for locale (which locale?)
- [MBS-7790] – Please divide the strings “yes” and “no”
- [MBS-7829] – List account admins on privileged users page