Another two weeks and it’s time for the first release of the new year, a bit late in the day (it’s still the right day, at least in my time zone!) due to some database server issues we were having.
Most of this release is bug fixes, but there’s a new viewer for images, replacing thickbox which is very old and unmaintained, and edits now include color coding based on whether they are additions, removals, merges, etc. Thanks to nikki for the userscript the edit coloring is based on, and thanks to nikki, intgr, chirlu, reosarevok, and mineo for a variety of fixes supplementing the work of the MetaBrainz team this release.
The git tag for this release is
- [MBS-6177] – FreeDB import does not find album if trackcount is given
- [MBS-6915] – Uploading multiple images in IE10 does not work as expected
- [MBS-6968] – Some unused URLs (linked to areas and places) are not being deleted, as well as some links.
- [MBS-7044] – Place aliases aren’t sorted by date
- [MBS-7046] – Artist overview pages for artists with only VA release groups lists both VA release groups AND standalone recordings
- [MBS-7061] – The tracklistings are gone in the release view.
- [MBS-7072] – regression: Alphabetical sort is now case-sensitive
- [MBS-7073] – Standalone recordings in overview feature lacks video column
- [MBS-7084] – beta: work merge fails to load work info
- [MBS-7085] – “Couldn’t determine primary code for area $mbid. Perhaps codes aren’t loaded?” warning triggered several times a second
- [MBS-7086] – JSON webservice does not include video attribute for release’s recordings
- [MBS-7088] – Empty track times don’t show correctly in the relationship editor
- [MBS-7092] – Some entries are missing in reports of subscribed entities
- [MBS-7102] – There are superfluous characters in root/artist/index.tt
- [MBS-7106] – Beta: CAA upload bar no longer getting filled
- [MBS-7109] – Recording merge not loading info
- [MBS-7117] – Place and area prefixes missing from annotation short links
- [MBS-1989] – Make identifying add/remove/edit/merge edits easier
- [MBS-4495] – Thickbox ignores native key modifiers for image links
- [MBS-5905] – Allow middle-click of cover art to open in a new tab (as browser standard) instead of lightbox
- [MBS-5973] – Add release group cover art statistics
- [MBS-6057] – Links in the cover art lightbox are not easily discoverable
- [MBS-7081] – Beta: disambiguation comments on inline search are barely readable
- [MBS-7089] – Update Discogs URL cleanup
- [MBS-7098] – Disallow Discogs image URLs as image/logo relationships
- [MBS-7103] – Update jQuery UI to 1.10.3; include Sortable component
2 thoughts on “Server update, 2014-01-06”
Sound Juicer was able to extract track names about a week or so ago, but since then it gets stuck with a “retrieving track listing.. please wait message”. I have updated the repository on Ubuntu, uninstalled/reinstalled the latest version of Sound Juicer (3.4) but to no avail. Still the same. Thanks.
Tim: you might try again — yesterday (and a bit before), as I mentioned, we were having some issues with our database server, which meant that a lot of things weren’t working properly. If it still doesn’t work, I’m not sure, but I’d recommend contacting the Sound Juicer developers or trying to find more information.