This is a small release since we’ve been resting (and sometimes fully on holiday) for the summer. The most visible change for website users is that the “Ratings” tab for ratable entities is now a “Reviews” tab, and it also includes ratings and reviews from CritiqueBrainz. We used to only display these for release groups – now you can see them for every entity that supports reviews (artists, events, labels, places, recordings, release groups and works). We’re hoping having this reminder that things can be reviewed will encourage more users to have a say and let us know about their favourite – or less favourite – music!
Also: for people running a mirror server who updated to our May schema change and want to use tags and genres: sorry, we broke your tags table. Please check our separate blog post on how to run a script to fix it.
A new release of MusicBrainz Docker is also available that matches this update of MusicBrainz Server. See the release notes for update instructions.
Thanks to chaban and rdswift for having reported bugs and suggested improvements. Thanks to mfmeulenbelt and salo.rock for updating the translations. And thanks to all others who tested the beta version!
The git tag is v-2022-08-08.
- [MBS-12508] – Mirror servers that applied the May 2022 schema change have missing aggregate tag data
- [MBS-12512] – genre_alias_type not being dumped in SampleDataDump
- [MBS-12520] – ISE on “Add release annotation” edit
- [MBS-12042] – Allow providing an edit note when editing annotation
- [MBS-12334] – Collapse ISRCs and ISWCs when there are too many
- [MBS-11146] – Add “Reviews” tab for CritiqueBrainz
- [MBS-12403] – Update diagrams after 2022 Q2 schema change