We’re back to our usual two-week cycle with a relatively small set of changes, of which the most interesting might be that you can use some extra includes in the MusicBrainz API:
release-group-level-rels for release lookups, and
work-level-rels on release browses. Keep in mind that recording level relationships are still restricted to the same 500 recording limit that applies to very large release lookups, to keep the size of the API responses somewhat sensible – anything over 500 recordings and you’ll need to get the relationships entity by entity.
Additionally, we found an issue where the “make my tags private” setting was not being respected when users tried to navigate straight to a tag page, such as
https://musicbrainz.org/user/username/tag/tagname, making it possible to see what the user in question had tagged with
tagname even if the tags were meant to be private. This was fixed on both the beta and production servers as soon as we were made aware of it by CatQuest, but we cannot guarantee that it was never used by any too-curious editor who failed to report it before. We apologize for any possible breach of your tag privacy.
A new release of MusicBrainz Docker is also available that matches this update of MusicBrainz Server. See the release notes for update instructions.
Thanks to atj, CatQuest, chaban, Cyberskull, jesus2099, MrClon, mr_maxis and outsidecontext for having reported bugs and suggested improvements. Thanks to mfmeulenbelt and salo.rock for updating the translations. And thanks to all others who tested the beta version!
The git tag is
- [MBS-8820] – An artist with only event rels has a fully blank relationships page
- [MBS-9454] – URL entities do not always get purged when last entity association is removed
- [MBS-11717] – Pending artist credit edits warning missing in artist credits reports
- [MBS-11932] – URL-Work license relationships not excluded from “Report for same URL linked to many entities” report
- [MBS-11940] – /ws/2/tag return 500 code for invalid requests
- [MBS-11944] – Place merge button on areas says “Add selected labels for merging”
- [MBS-11976] – User tag page is not private even when meant to be
- [MBS-6140] – Add “recording-level-rels” (and “work-rels”) support to “Release” browse web service
- [MBS-8098] – Allow release-group-level-rels in release lookup
- [MBS-11130] – Clarify it’s not possible to subscribe to VA / [no label]
- [MBS-11794] – Link to edit searches on statistic page
- [MBS-11799] – Display “credited as” field in sidebar external links
- [MBS-11907] – Block vyd.co link aggregator
- [MBS-11819] – Show OAuth authorizations for account admins
- [MBS-11843] – Add report for “Events with annotations”
React Conversion Task
- [MBS-11841] – Convert Set Track Lengths edit to React