As we just returned from the virtual MusicBrainz Summit 20, here comes a mostly maintenance release that fixes a bunch of bugs (among which many are about localization) and provides a few handy improvements. It even features a new report showing releases having the same barcode but currently in different release groups, so if you feel like it, do try and help us look into those!
A new release of MusicBrainz Docker is also available that matches this update of MusicBrainz Server. See the release notes for update instructions.
Special thanks to the DistriNet Research Group for making and responsibly sharing a very detailed audit of our OAuth service that has been very helpful with releasing major security improvements in the previous server update!
Thanks to chaban, fabe56, hibiscuskazeneko, humhumxx, jesus2099, lotheric, mfmeulenbelt, nikki, otringal, psychoadept, and wcw1966 for having reported bugs and suggested improvements. Thanks to dimpole, listmycds, mfmeulenbelt, peter9811 for updating the translations. And thanks to all others who tested the beta version!
The git tag is
- [MBS-4118] – Date/Number.toLocaleString always uses English
- [MBS-10956] – Ratings are not loaded in some pages
- [MBS-11094] – Edit error message appears (and prevents update) unrelated to current edits
- [MBS-11107] – span.name-variation class is missing on some relationship credits
- [MBS-11114] – Can’t set track length to 0:00
- [MBS-11140] – Client side language bundles are not built in production
- [MBS-3116] – Warn when merging works with different ISWCs
- [MBS-8650] – Accept IPIs with length of 5 characters or longer
- [MBS-11033] – Update the Apple Music logo used in the sidebar
- [MBS-11036] – Don’t allow to add new release when moving CD TOC
- [MBS-11104] – Missing “Credited As” column in Label Relationships tab
- [MBS-11121] – Update iTunes/Apple Music URL cleanup
- [MBS-11127] – Don’t return unrelated recording-work relationships within work-level-rels from /ws/2/release
- [MBS-11136] – Support HTML in admin/attribute descriptions
- [MBS-11137] – Show basic release info on hover on frontpage’s release additions
- [MBS-6322] – New Report: Releases with identical barcodes in different Release Groups
React Conversion Task
- [MBS-10991] – Convert user/subscriptions pages to React