This release includes a new feature: if you find a mystery MBID (such as “69755ab1-409e-3ad7-902f-3a839042799c”) and you don’t know what it might be for, you can use https://musicbrainz.org/mbid/69755ab1-409e-3ad7-902f-3a839042799c to find out without having to specifically select the entity type. Keep in mind some MBIDs for non-entities (such as packaging types) won’t work with this method!
If you’re a user of our JSON web service and use begin or end area information on artists, please be aware of MBS-10072! Starting with this release, we’re resolving a long-standing bug whereby the mentioned properties have been incorrectly outputted as
end_area, while search requests correctly outputted them as
end-area (using hyphens in line with the rest of the format). The interim fix released today is to output both sets of properties for at least 6 months, and then remove the underscored variants from the response. Please update any code you have that accesses
end_area on artists to use
Today’s chunk of React conversion has been made by Cyna, so thanks to him for his dedication! Thanks also to SuperSandro2000 for updating our PostgreSQL collate extension with ICU configuration changes. And finally, thanks to chaban, jesus2099, mfmeulenbelt, roboron, and all others who reported issues or tested beta version or translated today’s release!
The git tag is
- [MBS-10072] – In the JSON WS, artist nodes use begin_area, end_area except search responses which use begin-area, end-area
- [MBS-10366] – Medium edits removing pregap when disc ID is attached are not rejected
- [MBS-10579] – Regression: The es-ES and el-GR translations are broken
- [MBS-6539] – Redirect musicbrainz.org/mbid/$mbid to the appropriate entity page
- [MBS-5460] – Add shift-click multi-(de)select to the release editor’s Recordings tab
- [MBS-5572] – Add shift-click multi-(de)select to the edit artist ACs
- [MBS-9477] – Disable Discid tab for releases that can’t have a discid
- [MBS-10568] – Show number of discIDs on discID tab
- [MBS-10569] – If no mediums on a release can have discIDs, say so on its discID tab
React Conversion Task
- [MBS-10390] – Convert Add Place edit to React
- [MBS-10392] – Convert Add Series edit to React
- [MBS-10398] – Convert Edit Place edit to React
- [MBS-10322] – Convert fabfile (Fabric 1) to shell scripts (Bash 3)
2 thoughts on “MusicBrainz Server update, 2020-02-04”
I got rickrolled by a MBID.