This is a minor release that fixes a lot of issues, most notably few annoying crashes and a bunch of audio file formats-specific bugs.
I’d like to thank Philip Wolfer (outsidecontext/phw) for the fantastic job he did on this release.
As usual, you can find the latest downloads on Picard’s Website.
Here is the complete changelog for this release:
- [PICARD-803] – tagging “8½ Minutes” with “replace with non-ascii characters” results in a directory being created
- [PICARD-1216] – Does not display version information
- [PICARD-1267] – 2.0.0dev6 crash in debug mode on Windows April Update (1803)
- [PICARD-1281] – Picard has wrong version string
- [PICARD-1294] – Crashes every time Picard connects to MB server.
- [PICARD-1310] – Picard crashes on clearing log
- [PICARD-1318] – RuntimeError: dictionary changed size during iteration
- [PICARD-1321] – CD drive selection not working on Linux
- [PICARD-1322] – Crash in options on “Restore defaults”
- [PICARD-1323] – Restore defaults does not restore CAA types
- [PICARD-1324] – Default locale not working reliable
- [PICARD-1326] – Picard Save Changes 5.1 Mix Type
- [PICARD-1327] – Loading TAK files fails
- [PICARD-1328] – Loading OptimFROG files fails
- [PICARD-1329] – Picard fails saving ID3 tags with iTunNORM tag
- [PICARD-1331] – Picard crashes on error during plugin install
9 thoughts on “Picard 2.0.4 released”
Just downloaded the new release today. It keeps crashing anytime I add mp3 files to be sorted.
Elizabeth, can you provide more information about your environment, and what you do exactly ?
The keyboard shortcuts don’t work anymore.
n9, can you create a ticket describing your exact setup and which shortcuts you are writing about ?
It is more likely we can solve the issue quickly if we have enough infos to start with. Thanks.
Sorry, can’t be bothered to make an account right now, but this is the problem:
Before 2.0.4, you could use shortcuts like Ctrl+Y/U/L to do things like scan, group or look up files in Picard. These shortcuts have been removed (no reaction, also no indication in the menu that these exist). I’m pretty sure this changed from 2.0.3 to 2.0.4. I’m using the x64 version on Windows 7 with all the updates.
Also forgot this: change the sorting by clicking on “Title” or “Duration” at the top so that it switches through three states (sort ascending/descending/not at all). Right now, if I click on it (I sometimes do accidentally), the album list will forever be sorted, which can be annoying when you’ve got a lot of releases.
n9: i created 2 tickets for those: https://tickets.metabrainz.org/browse/PICARD-1348 and https://tickets.metabrainz.org/browse/PICARD-1349
Further discussion should go there.
no: In what language is the Picard user interface displayed for you? Shortcuts not working could be a translation bug.