After skipping a fortnight because of concentrating on the schema change release, here’s the next edition of the style update, with all the changes from the last month. Most of the changes involve adding new medium formats and new place/area relationships, plus making changes and additions related to the new schema change features (events and data tracks).
The biggest change this month is the addition of a classical music titles guideline. This deprecates the old Opera Tracks guideline, and basically just provides a certain amount of standardisation while keeping mostly true to the on-cover titles.
- [STYLE-221] – Add Data CD format(s)
- [STYLE-354] – Add a new medium format "dts Audio CD" for CD’s that are encodes as DTS streams
- [STYLE-367] – Add an attribute for performing time to event artists
- [STYLE-344] – Style for classical track titles
- [STYLE-356] – Add a "part of" event-event relationship
- [STYLE-371] – "Subseries" relationship (needs MBS-8055 to actually work)
- [STYLE-349] – Update special purpose track title for data tracks
- [STYLE-350] – "Engineered at" Place relationship
- [STYLE-351] – Release group official website wording causes it to be misused
- [STYLE-352] – Add relationship types for setlist.fm
- [STYLE-357] – Add event type "clinic"
- [STYLE-359] – Merge "Videotape" into "Other"
- [STYLE-360] – Add Playbutton as a medium format
- [STYLE-361] – Add music card as a medium format
- [STYLE-363] – Add VinylDisc as a medium format
- [STYLE-364] – Add DVDplus as a medium format
- [STYLE-365] – Add 3.5" floppy disk as a medium format
- [STYLE-366] – Add Edison Diamond Disc as a medium format
- [STYLE-368] – "Edited at" Place relationship type
- [STYLE-369] – Disable dates for event relationships
- [STYLE-370] – Place(/Area)-Recording rel: produced at
- [STYLE-379] – "remixed at" place-recording/release relationship type