This upgrade shouldn’t be substantially different than past upgrades, now that we’ve fixed a few bugs with the process. To upgrade:
- Make sure your
DB_SCHEMA_SEQUENCEis set to 20 in
- Ensure you’ve replicated up to the most recent replication packet available with the old schema. (if you’re not sure, run
./admin/replication/LoadReplicationChangesand see what it tells you).
- Take down the web server running MusicBrainz, if you’re running a web server.
- Turn off cron jobs if you are automatically updating the database via cron jobs.
- Switch to the new code with
git fetch originfollowed by
git checkout schema-change-20-to-21
carton exec -Ilib -- ./upgrade.shif you’re using carton, with very old setups).
DB_SCHEMA_SEQUENCEto 21 in
- Turn cron jobs back on, if needed.
- Restart the MusicBrainz web server, if applicable. It’s also recommended you restart memcached.
That’s it! The only real difference from the past is the specific tag to be used:
schema-change-20-to-21, which is a couple of fix-up commits past the regular release tag.