I’m slacking again and it’s a day late, but here’s another server release, almost kinda on schedule!
We’ve included a few nice improvements this release:
- Better ways to use Track MBIDs (added in May 2013!), by both linking to their URLs on the site and by allowing them to be used as a linked entity for release lookups (this work by ianmcorvidae, with a bit added by chirlu).
- Place coordinates can now be selected using a map on the edit page and feedback on proper coordinate formatting needn’t wait for a full form submission (thanks nikki!). This new interface can be seen in the image accompanying this post!
- When the Internet Archive is likely to reject Cover Art Archive uploads, a warning should now be shown on the site (thanks to the IA for implementing an endpoint to use for this, and nikki for integrating it).
- Data entered on the site should now be normalized according to Unicode Normalization Form C (or NFC), which means that, for example, a character entered with a separate combining acute accent will be normalized to a combined character where one is available (thanks to chirlu for this work).
- A variety of edit listing pages, including edit search, should be faster due to an overhaul in our query generation and database indexing (thanks to chirlu for this!).
- A variety of other bug fixes and smaller improvements, as usual (thanks to bitmap, ianmcorvidae, nikki, and chirlu for various pieces).
The git tag for this release is
The full list of issues, as usual:
- [MBS-7750] – Video attribute displays confusingly as “(true)”
- [MBS-7875] – “Recording of” relationship inherits instrument from artist
- [MBS-7886] – Internal server error when trying to include ratings for places in the webservice
- [MBS-7888] – Searching in a new tab from relationship editor disables search button
- [MBS-7892] – Instrument merge process has not been updated for creditable attributes
- [MBS-7893] – Disambiguation not displayed in area search results
- [MBS-7905] – ISE when including place-rels and fmt=json
- [MBS-7915] – Tracklist missing on “Set track durations” page
- [MBS-7916] – “Set track durations” preview is broken for single-track mediums
- [MBS-3725] – webservice discid lookup should accept query with only a toc
- [MBS-5553] – Tell the user before uploading when the Cover Art Archive is down
- [MBS-6010] – Normalise text to NFC
- [MBS-6829] – Select place location using a map
- [MBS-6972] – Provide immediate feedback when editing coordinates
- [MBS-7634] – Standardise lightbox image links from Commons
- [MBS-7693] – Release Editor’s “edit the release group” does not open in a new tab
- [MBS-7831] – Votes by Editor is ordered by edit time, but would be more useful ordered by vote time.
- [MBS-7869] – Make edit search faster
- [MBS-7895] – Make reordering mediums an auto-edit
- [MBS-7896] – Deal better with track MBIDs when merging releases
- [MBS-7897] – Provide a way to look up things by track MBID via the WS
- [MBS-7898] – Link to track MBIDs from the tracklist