After last year’s invite-only summit, its time to have another summit with a more informal agenda and an open invite:
What: MusicBrainz Summit #9
Where: London, England (exact details will be posted later)
When: 10 May
The rough plan is to have a general socializing evening on Friday as people trickle in from all corners of Europe (UK, Sweden and Germany). Then on Saturday May 10 we will find a quiet place to sit and discuss some of the following issues:
- Google Summer of Code — All three students and two mentors will be present.
- MusicBrainz server development over the summer. Perl, python, Template::Toolkit
- Picard and Alexander’s SoC project to improve usability
- Niklas Berglund’s Music Collection project for SoC
- Next Generation Schema (NGS) and how that is impacted by the summer coding sprint
- The BBC’s efforts to help MusicBrainz with NGS.
- Your favorite topics as time allows
We’ve asked last.fm to allow us to hold the daytime events at the last.fm office. Personally, I want to play in the last.fm ball pit — who doesn’t? After the day-time activities we’ll find a pub and a have some drinks as we wind the day down. Then sunday morning everyone will scatter back to their respective corners of Europe.
We’re currently working to find crash spaces on couches and floors in various Londoner’s flats — if you live in London and can put up a brainzer on your couch, please speak up!
We’re coordinating arrivals times and summit details on the Summit #9 wiki page. Please add yourself if you plan to come — at time of writing, we’re up to 11 people! Watch the wiki page for details as we get closer to the event.