Following our recent beta we are today releasing a release candidate for Picard 2.3. Besides a few fixes there have been also a couple of improvements. Most notably Bob Swift has implemented a couple of useful new scripting functions.
Should no blocking issues arise we expect a final release of Picard 2.3 in about a week.
- Windows installer package: picard-setup-2.3.0rc1.exe
- Windows portable: MusicBrainz-Picard-2.3.0rc1.exe
- Picard in the Windows 10 store
- macOS 10.12 or later: MusicBrainz-Picard-2.3.0rc1.dmg
Please see the Github release page for more download options, including the source code.
Please also help translate Picard. There will be no changes to translatable text before the final release of Picard 2.3, so this is a great chance to ensure Picard is available in your language. Translating is easy and can be done online: Head over to MusicBrainz’s translation page on Transifex and click on “Help Translate MusicBrainz”. Once you have registered an account on Transifex you can start translating. For Picard the primary resource to translate is “picard“, but there is also the “picard_appstream” resource which is used for providing descriptions for various Linux software-center applications.
If your are a software developer you are very welcomed to provide fixes and features. Picard is free software and the source code is available on GitHub. See Developing on the Picard website to get started.
Changes since Picard 2.3 beta 1
Below are the changes in Picard since the last beta release. For a more detailed overview for what is new since Picard 2.2.3 please see our recent beta announcement.
- [PICARD-1688] – “Submit AcoustIDs” fails with many tracks
- [PICARD-1719] – $unset marks tag for deletion
- [PICARD-1724] – Fingerprint status on left should not be submittable (red)
- [PICARD-1725] – Fingerprint indicator rendering artifacts
- [PICARD-1726] – Crash when closing options quickly before plugin list got loaded
- [PICARD-1727] – Performer tag in metadata list is not translated
- [PICARD-1733] – App does not start on macOS 10.12
- [PICARD-1736] – “Generate AcoustID Fingerprints” is too long for the toolbar
- [PICARD-1716] – Add script functions for strings ($find, $reverse, $substr), multi-value variables ($getmulti), and loops ($foreach, $while, $map)
- [PICARD-1717] – Backup config file on update
- [PICARD-1720] – Add script function $slice to extract a portion of a multi-value variable
- [PICARD-1721] – Add script function $join to join the elements of a multi-value variable
- [PICARD-1723] – Match to album should consider the disc number
- [PICARD-1729] – Add scripting function $datetime to return the current date and time
- [PICARD-1737] – Add keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Alt+F for “Generate Fingerprints”
- [PICARD-1738] – Load a recording URL entered into the search field as standalone recording