In my post from yesterday I talked about our continuing struggle to fix our replication stream. Overnight we learned two new things:
- The lengthy hard drive recovery process has failed and yielded no useful results. 😦
- We have a working DB diff program in place that allows us to create missing replication packets from two DBs at known packet numbers.
#2 is a great step forward in fixing our replication stream, but we’re missing a specific replicated database at a specific point in time. If you have a replicated database, please read on and see if you can help us:
- Is your database at replication packet 99847? The way to find out your current replication sequence is to look in slave.log in your server directory or to issue the query
select current_replication_sequence from replication_control;
at the SQL prompt.
- Do you have a complete replicated MusicBrainz database, including the cover_art_archive schema?
- Are you willing to make a dump of the DB and send it to us?
- Do you have a fast internet connection to make #3 possible?
If you’ve answered yes to all of the above, please send email to support at metabrainz dot org.
2 thoughts on “Replication update: Do you have a DB that could help us?”
Mine is at 99844 and waiting for 99845 if that helps.
SB: We just pushed 99848 a little while ago. Still working on 99845. Hang tight!