As promised, here are the instructions for updating any instances of MusicBrainz you might have. You will need to perform these steps to upgrade to the new version:
- Take down the web server running MusicBrainz, if you’re running a web server.
- Turn off cron jobs if you are automatically updating the database via cron jobs.
- Make sure your REPLICATION_TYPE setting is RT_SLAVE
- Switch to the new code with git fetch origin followed by git checkout v-2013-10-14
- Run carton exec -Ilib — ./upgrade.sh (or simply ./upgrade.sh if you aren’t using carton, such as for VM users or fairly new installs).
- Set DB_SCHEMA_SEQUENCE to 19 in lib/DBDefs.pm
- Turn cron jobs back on, if needed.
- Restart the MusicBrainz web server, if needed.
If your server fails to start or cron is having issues, it may be a missing perl module problem. To check for any missing perl modules, follow the instructions in INSTALL.md.