UPDATE: This position has been filled.
A soon-to-be partner of MusicBrainz is looking for an engineer for contract work. This company is looking for a person who has the following skills:
- Strong Python and C++ skills with experience in building applications on Windows, Linux and Mac.
- Open source programming experience
- Server programming skills a plus
- Solr and audio programming experience a plus
- Ability to be a self starter, handle task coordination via Skype and IRC.
The work would involve working with MusicBrainz and the partner company. This contract would be full time for 2-5 months, depending on the workload which isn’t very clear yet. After that the contract would taper off to 10-20 hours per week on an ongoing basis. Depending on how main portion of the contract goes, the company may decide to give more hours to the contractor on new projects. The pay for this position is still being determined, but its safe to assume that it would be a fair rate for an engineer based in the US. This engineer can be located anywhere, but the pay is likely to be appropriate for US rates. If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to helpwanted at musicbrainz dot org.