We saw a flurry of updates to Picard these last few months and I am happy to announce that Picard 2.0 is finally in beta. You can find it here – Picard 2.0.0beta1
We also decided to release a new stable version of Picard before the beginning of the summer.
To help us, advanced users, translators and developers are encouraged to:
- Review and update translations
- Test and build Picard from source from the Github master branch
- Test daily builds for Windows (at your own risk)
- Test daily builds for OS X (at your own risk)
- Report any issue that you encounter
A simplified list of changes made since 1.4 can be read here.
Be aware that downgrading from 2.0 to 1.4 may lead to configuration compatibility issues – ensure that you have saved your Picard configuration before using 2.0 if you intend to go back to 1.4.