libtunepimp 0.4.0 has also been released! Long overdue since there hasn’t been a libtunepimp release in over a year. This version of libtunepimp supports a complete plug in architecture for different media formats, is fully UTF-8 compliant, supports ID3v2.3 & ID3v2.4 tags and fixes a number of old bugs. Version 0.4.0 is not compatible with libtunepimp 0.3.0 — so, if you have an application that uses libtunepimp 0.3.0 you may want to wait to install the 0.4.0 version. This release contains the following files:
- libtunepimp-0.4.0.tar.gz (Linux/UNIX tarball)
- libtunepimp-0.4.0.zip (Windows source)
- tunepimp-win32sdk-0.4.0.zip (Windows SDK with headers and DLL)
ChangeLog for libtunepimp 0.4.0
- Added readMetadataNow flag to addFile
- Added TPFileStatus argument to getNotification
- Implemented a plug-in system
- Switched out fstrcmp with astrcmp
- Created seperate metadata reading class
- Exposed new md_Compare function
- Change metadata_t, artistresult_t, albumresult_t and albumtrackresult_t to use static strings rather than dyanmic memory allocation
- Tunepimp constructor now takes an optional pluginDir argument — if this is specified then the given dir will be scanned for plugins and the default plugin locations will be ignored. This argument is also exposed via tp_NewWithArgs()
- Added mb_Similarity() function to expose astrcmp() to the outside world
- Added support to plugins for reading duration seperate from decoding the file.
- Updated the python bidings for use with ctypes 0.9.x
- Changed the python bindings to not throw errors on UTF-8 conversion
- All strings going in and out of tunepimp must now be in UTF-8!!
- A filename encoding can be specified for non-windows systems. UNICODE (wide chars) will be used for Windows.
- The ID3 plugin now has TWO versions of id3tag — one each for 2.3/2.4
- positionInSet values are now read, preserved and written back to ID3v2 tags