Change Log for mb_server
- Added EMail verifiction support: When a returning user logs in, the user will be prompted to verify or blank out their email address. New users can specify a email address when creating their account. The moderator profile now supports changing the email and sending out confirmation emails.
- Moderators can now send mail via the ‘send email’ links in the profiles page or the moderation page.
- Moderators also get mailed when a new note is attached to one of their moderations.
- The support for looking up various artist albums in the FileLookup interface has been improved, and should make the tagger behave a little better. However, the tracks for VA albums are not being returned via the web service yet — that is scheduled for the next update since libtunepimp needs it.
- Added an explanation of automoderators and which moderations qualify for automoderation to the moderation intro. This page now also lists which moderators are automoderators.
- There is now a “List Failed Moderations” page (for you, or any other moderator). (Patch by Duncan Findlay)
- As well as showing mods by artist, you can also show them by album. This functionality is quite limited though; it’s primarily intended to find the original “Add Album” mod and any “Edit Album Name” mods, and it *may* also find other mods (e.g. move album, edit album attributes, remove album). It *won’t* find mods for each of the tracks on the album (e.g. edit track name).
- The voting page now performs stronger validtion, including checking that the user is logged in.
- Previously if you did a “move disc id” moderation, then the album meta-information (including the number of disc IDs each album has) was not updated – thus, the disc ID icon would remain on the old album, but the disc ID itself would move to the new one. This is now fixed.
- The “clientversion” table has now been moved into the “core” dump file (mbdump.tar.bz2)
These changes were also made recently:
- A preference was added to control how many moderations are shown on each voting page. The allowed range is 1-25; the default is 10.
- Another preference was added to enable “Add Album” moderations to show the whole album within the voting page.
- The “browse various artists” page now allows you to filter by release type and release status (e.g. you can browse only soundtracks).
Robert Kaye & Dave Evans