No Easter egg in today’s update but rather a dozen or so of small bugfixes and convenient improvements.
Thanks Rotab for the pair of bugfixes he submitted, to CatQuest, chaban, chirlu, FSpy, HibiscusKazeneko, JesseW, KRSCuan, MichelV, wcw1966 for issues they reported, to salorock for the Italian translation he updated, and to all others who tested the beta version!
In these troubling times (New Roman) it has come to our Attention that our Esteemed program “Picard” (from now on known as “The Captain”) is written with Very Silly™ code. This will just not do!
The MetaBrainz Foundation is a very serious organisation! It will not stand for such Silly™ things as Moose, Tissues or Membranophones!
The program (from now on known as “Sir Patrick”) has in addition to pythonesque codings also several oblique references to: burlesque starships, electronic hair-colour, Monty (including “the full”), several references to technologically minded stick-figures, John Cage, and disused towels left by your mother!
For now the program’s (from now on known as St. Paddy) most recent new release (version 2.45!§🥷) vil quickly bee retracted (bzzt!) and replaced by Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger Picard (from now on known as (♫♪♬) (version 2.4√-1€DONTBLINK;)) – this to Prevent excesses such as: Rock climbing Monkies, Tobogganing Dates, Breakdancing Pastries and–
Right, that’s enough of that, we apologise for the previous part of this blog post, it is Very Silly™ and the MetaBrainz Foundation is a very serious organisation which does not abide with such silliness!
We will now return to our regular scheduled blog post! –
We’ve just finished pushing a new release to the production server for ListenBrainz. We’ve spent quite a long time working on this because we needed to completely revamp how we were generating user statistics and that process is now finally complete and live. The other good news on user statistics it that we now have a generalized framework for creating them and that should make it much easier to create more user statistics going forward. We’ve triggered the stats engine to produce updated top artist statistics for everyone and those should update for users automatically sometime later today.
This release also includes an improved importer from last.fm, moving it to react and making it more friendly on a mobile device. This particular feature hasn’t been super well tested, so if you find a problem, please submit a bug report.
Next, if your listening history is screwed up for some reason, you can now delete all listens and start over, perhaps with a clean import from last.fm.
Finally, this release includes a pile of security updates to make the overall system more secure, but users shouldn’t notice anything different.
Thank you to iliekcomputers, Mr_Monkey, ishaanshah[m], shivam-kapila, pristine__ and everyone else who was involved in creating this update!
Mostly bugfixes today, along with a new data report, plus usual small improvements, React conversion and refactoring. We also blocked ratings for unverified users, since a specific artist was getting hundreds of ratings by people creating many accounts per person just for that (people, please be nice!).
Thanks to andrybo6, chaban, cyna, dimpole, dseomn, gioele, hibiscuskazeneko, jesus2099, kellnerd, mfmeulenbelt, nikki, outsidecontext, panos, sophist, sothotalker, yindesu, and all others who submitted patches, reported issues, tested beta version, or contributed to translations!
It’s now possible to find genres through the web service with a new /ws/2/genre lookup endpoint. Additionally, this update fixes some bugs and refactors a lot of stuff behind the curtains, including the continued conversion to React of edit display pages.
Thanks to chaban, cyna, jesus2099, kellnerd, and speardog who contributed through issue reporting, code changes, translation updates, and beta testing.
Picard 2.3.1 has been released and is available for download. This is mainly a bugfix release, but also some smaller improvements and features made it into this version. Notable changes are the addition of the $sortmulti and $reversemulti scripting functions, overall better handling of releases with multiple release countries and some fixes for the AcoustID fingerprinting. See below for a full list of changes.
This release contains code changes by zas, rdswift, outsidecontext and new contributor RaysDev, who also is working on some interesting changes for the next release. Thanks a lot again to everybody who contributed to this in release with code, translations, bug reports and general feedback. The Picard 2.3 release already was well received, but it is thanks to you all that we can provide a sizeable list of improvements just 10 days later.