As some of you with slave databases may have noticed, we made a slight error and excluded some of the new tables from our schema change in replication (tracked by MBS-7603).
Luckily, the tables in question are presently quite small, meaning that if we act now we can add them without needing a formal schema change release (by simply replicating out the changes). Less luckily, this process requires taking some very heavy locks on the ‘series’ database table, so we’ve chosen to have a small amount of downtime to run the script, at (or shortly after) the time mentioned in the title, which also gives us a chance to restart our database server to incorporate some extensions we’d intended but failed to add during the schema change release last week.
We don’t foresee this process taking more than a few minutes, and no action should be necessary for downstream data users.
We’ve finally settled on a date for the MusicBrainz summit in Copenhagen this fall: September 26-28, 2014. Save that weekend if you’re interesting in attending — we will post more information to the summit wiki page once we get closer to the event.
Looking forward to seeing you in Copenhagen.
A bit later in the day than I’d like, but we’re back with another release! Primarily bug fixes, but this release also includes the long-in-progress work to derive recording durations from track durations; thanks to ocharles and bitmap for dragging that through the various parts of the process! Thanks also to d4rkie, reosarevok, mavit, and chirlu for providing patches on top of the work of the MetaBrainz team.
The git tag for this release is
- [MBS-4021] – /ws/2/release doesn’t include artist aliases for recordings on Various Artists releases
- [MBS-7064] – Internal server error displaying relationship type edit
- [MBS-7068] – Need Email::Sender 0.120002 or newer
- [MBS-7297] – Internal server error when searching for edits by ID with large numbers
- [MBS-7315] – Removing URL entity via Edit Release page results in SQL error
- [MBS-7386] – Regression: Attach TOC to new release – TOC/DiscId is lost when based on existing release/tracklist
- [MBS-7390] – ArtistsThatMayBeGroups report needs to ignore orchestras and choirs
- [MBS-7392] – Place duplicate checks don’t work
- [MBS-7393] – mora.jp parser makes wrong links
- [MBS-7395] – Works that still have work attributes can’t be deleted
- [MBS-7410] – Merge queue with more than one entry shows the wrong help text
- [MBS-7416] – Edit-medium diff shows recording changes that aren’t actually changes
- [MBS-7420] – Can’t submit artist edit form after adding and removing a URL
- [MBS-7426] – Tiny distracting flaw in Edit Recording page ISRC help text
- [MBS-7429] – Ambiguous field ‘id’ in search query involving edit ID BETWEEN and “Artist in subscribed editors”
- [MBS-7431] – URL encoding problem with inline URL editing
- [MBS-2021] – Set recording times automatically
- [MBS-2302] – Set recording length when adding a Disc ID
- [MBS-7150] – Indicate artists on the release group and recording parts of the ratings page
- [MBS-7153] – Indicate artists on the release group and recording parts of the tags page
- [MBS-7291] – Detect and mark big duration differences on recording merge edits
- [MBS-7391] – Remove verbiage from /entity/create
- [MBS-7417] – Add a visual indicator when times are very different in release merge edits
- [MBS-3987] – Disable recording duration editing
- [MBS-7425] – Add maniadb.com to the other dbs whitelist