I just released version 2.1.2 of the MusicBrainz client library. This release includes the following files:
Technorati Tags: musicbrainz, release
Continue reading “libmusicbrainz 2.1.2 released”
On the excessively long road to the next stable Picard release I need to do a stable release of libmusicbrainz and libtunepimp. Both of those are now complete with all the bug fixes that I want to get into these before the next release. If you run Linux or Mac OS X, please take a moment to download, compile, test and install these two tarballs:
- libmusicbrainz-2.1.2-pre1.tar.gz (Changelog)
- libtunepimp-0.4.0-pre6.tar.gz (Changelog)
Please note that the independent python bindings for libmusicbrainz have been wrapped back into libmusicbrainz itself and can be found in the python directory of the tarball. libmusicbrainz has a new example program called getrels that shows how to retrieve AR links via the web service. libtunepimp has undergone major changes and now sports a plug in system that will make it easier to add more formats.
Unless these tarballs have major issues, I plan to update the version numbers to 2.1.2 and 0.4.0, respectively, and release them in the coming days. Then I’ll focus on getting stable release of Picard out the door.
Technorati Tags: libmusicbrainz, musicbrainz, picard, libtunepimp
The 2.1.1 version of libmusicbrainz improves support for dealing with and overloaded TRM server that occaisonally returns 503 Resource Busy to prevent the sigserver from taking over the entire site.
The following changes were made for 2.1.1:
- Return special TRMs for special conditions for TRM generation:
c457a4a8-b342-4ec9-8f13-b6bd26c0e400 — Sigserver busy and overloaded
f9809ab1-2b0f-4d78-8862-fb425ade8ab9 — Source file is too short to calculate TRM
7d154f52-b536-4fae-b58b-0666826c2bac — File is silence
If the TRM signature server becomes overloaded, it will now start
returning HTTP 503 error codes and the TRM generator will catch that
and return the Sigserver busy TRM shown above.
The 2.1.0 version of libmusicbrainz improves mp3 duration checking, adds query strings for release dates and amazon asins.
The following changes were made for 2.1.0:
- Moved the python bindings into a new seperate project
- rewrote the mp3 duration detection code to be more robust by making it vastly easier. In the process the bitzi related code has been tossed. This should make the libary smaller and the mp3 duration checking faster.
- Due to the bitzi code being removed, the SHA1 and Bitprint related functions have been removed.
- Added query items for Release Dates/Countries, Amazon Asins and Amazon cover art URLs
- Move include files into include/musicbrainz so that the example files will compile outside of the libmusicbrainz client source tree.
Changes for libmusicbrainz 2.0.2
– Added support for Mac OS X
– Improved build system
– Added build files for Visual Studio .NET (VC7)