The major updates in today’s release are:
- Non-auto-editors can make auto-edits to their release additions within 1 hour of adding them.
- There’s a way to report editors for bad behavior, from their user profiles. The reports will be sent to our account admins. We’d prefer people use this method from now on for reporting unresponsive editors, or for any Code of Conduct violations. Account admins have also received an easy way to restrict a user’s editing/voting capabilities.
- Auto-editors can change a release’s data-quality level via auto-edit. Previously, this was always put to a vote. We still don’t display release quality as well as we could (currently it’s only visible in the release sidebar). Low-quality releases can be found via our edit search, though.
- Everyone can enter “Add recording” and “Remove alias” edit types as auto-edits.
- Edits to events can be searched via our edit search interface (thanks chirlu).
There were a lot of comments on last release’s blog post saying that it’s harder to review release additions now that they’re auto-edits, and worrying about database quality suffering due to this. The next server release should allow showing auto-edits entered within the most recent voting period (7 days) in your subscribed editor/entity edit listings (MBS-8647), and hopefully a way to hide auto-edits you’ve reviewed from these lists (MBS-8654) to get them out of your way. I hope these and future changes can strike a balance between allowing people to see and remove releases that are clearly wrong or non-existent, vs. encouraging merging/fixing existing releases rather than voting them down.
The git tag for today’s release is
v-2015-11-30 and the complete changelog is below.
- [MBS-8460] – Add to collection link on entity page doesn’t show the collection name
- [MBS-8636] – Adding duplicate entities to a series causes an internal server error
- [MBS-8639] – Instrument merge gives ERROR: duplicate key value violates unique constraint “link_attribute_pkey”
- [MBS-8641] – Release editor breaks with “error: 0” if a submitted edit throws a NoChanges exception
- [MBS-8648] – Historic relationship edits no longer display the source entity
- [MBS-1880] – Allow an editor to apply edits without voting within a short timeframe after his/her ‘add release’
- [MBS-8208] – Add a way to report a user to an admin
- [MBS-8271] – Add a way to prevent a user from editing/voting which doesn’t involve removing the email address
- [MBS-8645] – Allow searching for edits to events