Ian (ianmcorvidae), our senior developer on the MusicBrainz project, has decided to leave the project due to personal reasons. I’m sad to see a very skilled engineer leave our team — Ian has done a tremendous amount of great work for MusicBrainz and the MetaBrainz hosting infrastructure. Thank you for all of your hard for in the past few years, Ian!
Ian will remain on our team while he seeks a new professional position, so the change won’t be immediate. That said, now is the time to ask Ian to document whatever pieces of his work that still need documentation.
If anyone knows an experienced perl developer with experience using web technologies, Postgres and the myriad of technologies that MusicBrainz uses, please let us know! I’ll be posting an official job posting next week.
This update contains bug fixes and improvements the new tag voting interface, thanks to feedback from people during the last couple weeks. The plus/minus buttons simply add or subtract 1 from the current score (and are disabled where you’ve already done that). There’s still room for improvement, but hopefully it should be more intuitive now.
We’ve also made duplicate entity detection more immediate—the interface will show you possible duplicate artists, labels, etc. before you submit anything.
Thanks to Nikki and the MetaBrainz team for their work on today’s release. The git tag is
v-2015-07-13 and the changelog is below.
- [MBS-8322] – Editing entity (now) removes its URL relationship dates
- [MBS-8434] – Work editor can’t seed both relationship type and target
- [MBS-8463] – Adding a tag with upper-case letters on the tag page has funny behaviour
- [MBS-8470] – Bulk tag submission doesn’t work if the same tag appears in different recordings
- [MBS-2873] – In add relationship edits, always display the URL second
- [MBS-8331] – Move some of the duplicate entity check code to the client
- [MBS-8464] – tag voting interface doesn’t make sense if you don’t use reddit