We’re back with the schema change release, as promised! We only have a small collection of tickets, but several big things:
- Pre-gap tracks and data tracks for CDs (where neither contribute to the discid, and pre-gap tracks have position of 0)
- Collections can now be marked with types such as “owned” and “wishlist”, plus some special new types mentioned below.
- CDStub data is now replicated.
- All entities (except URLs) should now support tagging, as areas, instruments, and series were made taggable.
- Events! And, additionally, event collections. All (non-deleted) users should have had an “Attending” and a “Maybe Attending” collection created, with the corresponding collection types.
Upgrade instructions will come in another blog post, though they should be substantially unchanged from past releases. Specifically, we’d like to confirm everything’s working correctly with a specific git commit, and make a new tag, before we post a recommendation, since there’s already been some problems discovered. Some slacker must not have tested this carefully enough (author whistles in an innocent-sounding fashion).
The git commit for this release (sans small fixes that have happened since release earlier today and any others that may need fixing) is
- [MBS-7638] – CreateIndexes for instruments wrongly looks at label tables
- [MBS-967] – Support for hidden pre-gap tracks
- [MBS-1059] – Types of list/collection
- [MBS-7551] – Add folksonomy tag support to areas, instruments, and series
- [MBS-7784] – Support for data tracks in tracklists
- [MBS-7883] – Make sure delete_unused_url doesn’t remove URLs used in edits