Version 1.2 of Picard has been released today, with some notable features and bug fixes.
As announced recently, PUID support is being removed from MusicBrainz on October 15. This release of Picard has followed suit by removing all support for AmpliFIND/PUID scanning and submission. AcoustID is now the default (and only) method of scanning files. If you’re currently using AmpliFIND as your fingerprinting system, then after installing Picard 1.2 you must enable AcoustID in your options, under the “Fingerprinting” section.
Those who have the Picard cover art plugin installed will likely want to remove it. Picard 1.2 has built-in support for downloading cover images from a variety of sources, without the need for a plugin. Please see the new configuration under Options -> Cover Art.
Something important to note for people who build/package Picard is that Python 2.6 is now the minimum required version.
Special thanks to Wieland Hoffmann, Laurent Monin, Lukáš Lalinský, and everyone who’s helped contribute/report bugs for this release!
Picard 1.2 can be downloaded at:
Changes since 1.1:
- Picard now requires at least Python 2.6
- Removed support for AmpliFIND/PUIDs
- Add support for the Ogg Opus file format
- It’s now possible to download cover images without any plugin. Cover Art Archive images can be downloaded by image type
- Improved directory scanning performance
- Prefer already-loaded releases of the same RG when matching files
- Allow dropping new files onto specific targets
- Add basic collections management support (PICARD-84)
- Allow adding custom tags in the tag editing dialog (PICARD-349)
- Fix replacing of Windows-incompatible characters (PICARD-393)
- Save both primary and secondary release types (PICARD-240)
- Handle errors from the AcoustID service better (PICARD-391)
- Accept HTTPS URLs on drag-and-drop (PICARD-378)