If you have a replicated instance of MusicBrainz, please follow these instructions to get your server running on the new schema:
- Take down the web server running MusicBrainz, if you’re running a web server.
- Turn off cron jobs if you are automatically updating the database via cron jobs.
- Make sure your REPLICATION_TYPE setting is RT_SLAVE
- Switch to the new code with
git fetch originfollowed by
git checkout v-2012-10-15-schema-change
carton install --deploymentto install any new perl modules.
carton exec -- ./upgrade.shfrom the top of the source directory.
- Set DB_SCHEMA_SEQUENCE to 16 in lib/DBDefs.pm
- Turn cron jobs back on, if needed.
- Restart the MusicBrainz web server, if needed.
This upgrade requires quite a bit of disk-space to execute; your slave may run into trouble if there is less than 10Gb of disk space free. If you’re on a disk space constrained machine, you may want to consider re-importing the data rather than upgrading in place. The next data dump should be available in about 14-16 hours from now.