Lukas finished the final round of bug reports in Picard and prepared the 0.7.0 final release. This is the first non-beta release of Picard with MusicDNS acoustic fingerprinting. The changes are:
- Automatic identifying of audio files using MusicDNS acoustic fingerprinting technology.
- Support for automatic translations of non-English artist names.
- New file name format variable %albumtracks.
- Support for connecting to the Internet throught a proxy server.
- Option to write “Windows-safe” file names on non-Windows systems.
- Detection of GNOME and KDE default browser settings, in addition to the BROWSER environment variable.
- New file formats: Speex, WavPack, TTA !
Thanks to Lukas for his hard work on this release!