There was a very good talk about the state of the MusicBrainz community and the plans for future development on irc just now.
It went from 20:03 to 21:52 on 2006-05-04.
It started with a kind of rant by Wolfsong, developed into a discussion about what is going wrong in the MusicBrainz community these days, and led to some pretty simple steps that might help to make things better.
I just wanted to bring this to everybody’s attention, before I go to sleep. I might get to adding a short summary tomorrow, but not now, sorry.
Picard version 0.7.0 Beta 3 has been just released.
Changes from 0.7.0-beta2:
- support for GNOME and KDE default browser settings, in addition to the BROWSER
environment variable (#1257)
- fixed crashing in Pango (#1256)
- added tport= parameter to the CD lookup URLs (#1328)
- new code for checking user name and password that doesn’t block Picard
when internet connection is down (#1247)
- fixed bug that caused directory selector to become “sticky” after drag&drop
on Windows (#1183)
- support for Windows-compatible file names also on non-Windows systems (#1014)
- and a couple of other minor bug fixes